Boere maak stof in die Tankwa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
On Thursday evening , I get a SMS from Boere , Hello Andy ?
Where  are you Riding on Saturday ?
Not having anything planned , he suggested Oasis, Wuppital !I told him to keep me posted,

10 Minutes later , he asks , maybe we should do that road I did last week in the Tankwa, the trip with the wide open Desert and mountains !
Right , he says , 06h30 we leave the Engen One Stop  shew , thats early !

By 06h30 , all are there.

Boere KTM990
Hope Super Tenere  1200
Andy660  Tenere  660
Berty 77  Vstrom 650
Grant650  BMW cross challenge 650

Boere and Hope being so fast on the big bikes, we got separated at Wellington , causing us( Grant650 and Berty 77) to go over Baisekloof and Boere and Hope to go around Past Voelveidam.

But all good ,we got to Ceres  at about the same time.
Refueled , had a pie and boght some Biltong for padkos.

We bumped into Flatout who was on his way to Calvinia to visit his fathers grave.

We did the Gydo Pass , Op Die berg , Katbakkies Route to the Padstal.
Where Padstal was waiting with a lekker cup of coffee.

Some small talk and sitting back in the sun , soaking up the heat and drinking up the fresh Karroo air.
And before you know it we were off down that Beautiful , exciting road , " Die Rondawel Pad"

The air was cool and the roads a little sandy , with plenty to keep your attention .
Small wash aways across the road , keep your attention , while you think you are going quite fast , as your back wheel hits the wash away , and your rear wheel tries to overtake your front wheel, A High Speed Stoppie , is what it probably resembles !

BOERE

Beides the 6 Springbok that ren across the road in front of me , were these 5 Gemsbok on the Horizon.