Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Tim Noakes diet  (Read 37868 times)

Offline jvb

• Bike: Triumph 1050 Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Noakes diet
« Reply #1000 on: May 15, 2017, 02:42:05 pm »
All benefit from the same sponsors, grants,etc. and are all tentacles of the same creature.
It is no coincidence that they all espouse the same b.s. almost verbatim.

"The Health Professions Council of SA (HPCSA) was hearing final argument in the protracted hearing into a complaint by the
former president of the Association for Dietetics in South Africa, Claire Julsing-Strydom."

http://www.health24.com/Diet-and-nutrition/Healthy-diets/noakes-being-charged-for-having-different-view-lawyer-20170404

A summary here.

http://www.biznews.com/low-carb-healthy-fat-science/2015/04/28/is-tim-noakes-really-sas-new-dr-death-big-fat-surprise-banting-lchf/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:52:52 pm by jvb »

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 15, 2017, 02:55:42 pm »
Follow the money
HSF= Heart and Stroke foundation
Tiger brands
Willowton group

How is the HSF linked to HPCSA?
They fund them...

Offline Geriatrix

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 18, 2017, 07:12:41 am »

http://www.medicalbrief.co.za/archives/noakes-calls-practitioners-support-hpcsa-witchhunt/

Noakes calls on practitioners to support him against HPCSA ‘witchhunt’
Professor Tim Noakes claims the Health Professions Council of SA‘s decision to appeal the majority ruling finding him not guilty of misconduct smacks of a witch-hunt set on his prosecution and persecution, says a Health24 report.

‘My legal team and I had originally chosen to go quietly into the night following the successful judgment delivered by Advocate Joan Adams in my favour.’

In what has became the most closely watched HPCSA hearings yet, the Banting guru faced being struck off as a registered medical practitioner. The HPCSA has confirmed that the saga is now set to continue. ‘Please note that the HPCSA on 10 May 2017 filed a notice to appeal the majority judgment of the Professional Conduct Committee. Professor Noakes has also filed a cross-appeal regarding the failure by the committee to award costs in the majority judgment,’ it said.

Noakes said his legal team will now vigorously pursue all the injustices done to him during the hearing process.

“We will be encouraging South African medical practitioners who disagree with the trial to begin questioning why their subscriptions to the HPCSA are being wasted in this spiteful and malignant witch hunt.”

Full Health24 report

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • View Profile
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #1003 on: May 18, 2017, 07:55:05 am »
SUB.
I lost 10KG on this diet, without trying too hard. I don't really want to lose more, but I guess the love handles might have to go, although I'm sure only excercise will get rid of those.
I still drink lots of beer and not going to stop that, but feeling great at my current weight. Need to read the rest of this thread to pick up on some recipes. The one thing that this diet does, is that it forces me to make good food. Gone are the days of slapping something on four slices of bread and wolfing it down.
:)
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day of Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 18, 2017, 02:25:46 pm »
SUB.
I lost 10KG on this diet, without trying too hard. I don't really want to lose more, but I guess the love handles might have to go, although I'm sure only excercise will get rid of those.
I still drink lots of beer and not going to stop that, but feeling great at my current weight. Need to read the rest of this thread to pick up on some recipes. The one thing that this diet does, is that it forces me to make good food. Gone are the days of slapping something on four slices of bread and wolfing it down.
:)
:thumleft:

Offline Sagittaire

• View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 19, 2017, 07:11:51 pm »
For what it's worth, some doctor is running a petition in support of Noakes and the have 5000 or so signatures...
YAMAHA RD350
YAMAHA DT400
BMW X-Challenge - Sold
BMW R1200 GS - Written off
KTM 690R - Sold

Online Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 19, 2017, 07:18:20 pm »
Follow the money
HSF= Heart and Stroke foundation
Tiger brands
Willowton group
True story...i read one of the reports & it links almost every detractor to the food industry

Offline Geriatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 19, 2017, 08:03:36 pm »
For what it's worth, some doctor is running a petition in support of Noakes and the have 5000 or so signatures...

When I wrote to the Health Professions Council my message was not even acknowledged. There must be a lot of money being lost because of Prof Noakes. Facts mean little once money is being lost.