KTM tubeless wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulsky

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I did the tubeless mod on my 950 and now am doing it to my 990. I did 25000 km with the 9 fiddy and never had one puncture. I have 2 sets of wheels (on road with Scorpions and off roads with Michelin deserts) and both are tubeless.

First thing you have to do is go to Builders warehouse and buy yourself a tube of Sikaflex.
Have the tires taken off, once that is done toss the rim tapes, that leaves the nipples open (hmmm nipples)
Measure the Scrader valves and drill the hole in the rim out to fit, take a wire brush to clean the back of the nipples an roughen them up so the Sikaflex can attach to the surface.
Once that is done I clean them with Benzine to get rid of any grease and oil and start with the application of the sikaflex.
Take the gun and try and squirt the stuff into the back of the nipple and around the base of it.
Do each spoke in turn and then use your finger to make sure it seals lekker. Leave it overnight to set.
That is all there is to it, buy 2 short Shrader valves and have the tires put back on and have them balanced, and Wa-La, you have tubeless wheels and punctures are a thing of the past.

Attachments

• Tubeless 001.jpg
    Tubeless 001.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,750
  • Tubeless 002.jpg
    Tubeless 002.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,634
  • Tubeless 003.jpg
    Tubeless 003.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 2,627
  • Tubeless 004.jpg
    Tubeless 004.jpg