Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: GPS on the LC  (Read 2377 times)

Offline BennNevis

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: GPS on the LC
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2014, 09:07:34 pm »
The price was $99. I see it is still the same price.

Yes, it is a lifetime map. Read more here: http://www.garminonline.co.za/epages/Garmin.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Garmin/Products/010-11651-00

Ek sal vanaand die presies website adres kry waarvan ek gedownload het en gekoop het. Sal dit post hier.

gpsunderground.com will get you the maps for free

Offline Cobus G

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2014, 07:44:37 am »
Does the navigator V come with maps for life? Or is there a cost to upgrading the maps?

Comes with absolutely nothing, you have to load maps still
I still can't believe BMW will sell you a GPS without maps??? I mean, you buy a GPS anywhere and it has preloaded maps. Am I missing something here? Or misunderstanding it?

OomD...THAT is what the BMW acronym stands for..Bring My Wallet! When have you eva bought something from BM that actually came with everything you need? :biggrin:
Sometimes it takes a WHOLE tank of petrol to clear your mind...

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2014, 07:57:00 am »
Does the navigator V come with maps for life? Or is there a cost to upgrading the maps?

Comes with absolutely nothing, you have to load maps still
I still can't believe BMW will sell you a GPS without maps??? I mean, you buy a GPS anywhere and it has preloaded maps. Am I missing something here? Or misunderstanding it?

Regardless, you pay for the maps. This way you get to choose if you want Garmin or T4A. Many riders choose the latter.
Aha! That makes some sense, yes. So you can choose which maps you want to buy. OK I understand that. Somehow, though, I don't think that BMW in their wisdom thought, "let's sell the GPS without maps so the user can choose their own mapset". I rather think it was, "we'll sell without maps. Users need to purchase that separately". The fact that you have a choice of maps just suits their MO, IMO.

Offline Edd

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2014, 01:42:18 pm »

Yes, it is a lifetime map. Read more here: http://www.garminonline.co.za/epages/Garmin.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Garmin/Products/010-11651-00

Ek sal vanaand die presies website adres kry waarvan ek gedownload het en gekoop het. Sal dit post hier.

Hi will this work on a Nuvi 1310?It the maps stopped now in 2013?

Face your Fears, Live your Dreams

Offline Draadwerk

• Forum Whore
  • My job? Just something I do between rides....
GPS on the LC
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2014, 02:09:21 pm »

I was on that website, and i see that they have a lot of maps. Just, how do you download these maps? I cant seem to get even one to download. All the links take you to a third party site or the links no longer exist. Can you help to give some guidance here or make the process a bit easier for us please?

I want the newest tracks4africa that I see is on there... ???

Offline Edd

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2014, 08:03:38 pm »
Weet julle of die Map wat op die sd kaart is wat jy nou saam die Nav V gekoop het, updates gedurende die jaar sal he, en waar kry mens dit?

As ek die unit by Garmin Express inprop, wys hy geen maps nie?

Offline Edd

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 09:04:51 pm »
Die Nav V is soos n heel ander GPS nou dat ek dit in die GSALC ingesit het, daar is nou soveel extras wat jy kan gebruik wat nie op die GT beskikbaar was nie.  :thumleft: