My KLE500 almost done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifua

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Got myself a 2005 KLE500 and decided to make a few changes to her to make her more suited to purpose. Wanted to see how capable a DP she can be so asked Halfdaft to do some work for me on her.

1. First thing that needed sorting was the jetting. Previous owner (or somebody) had butchered the airbox with holes and put in much smaller jets. Probably to reduce fuel consumption. Result was no midrange or top. She would get to 150kph but after 80 there was no real acceleration. If felt like she was not getting any fuel. Halfdaft fixed airbox, tested and tuned the carbs and jetted them properly and fitted after market exhaust onto her.

2. Next we sat about getting crash bars. Halfdaft made me a set that included points to mount LED spots inside of the crash bars so should I drop the bike at least they are also protected

3. Bashplate fitted

4. Clutch replaced as were brakes, service done, filters changed and front mudguard removed and replaced with high sitting after market one. The bar were replaced and the usual buttons and power points etc fitted

5. HID bought and will be fitted and we are working on lifting the suspension up about inch to give a little more ground clearance. After that will come larger screen and then some new tyres with a bit more offroad prowess

She is making progress and I am looking forward to taking her for a good run.

Attachments

• Almost done.jpg
    Almost done.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 390
  • Before  (1).jpg
    Before (1).jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 399