THE VIS ARENDE GOT RIGGED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
So, the Vis Arende got rigged.  Here is the story when we fetch the rig to be fitted onto the GSA.

We, or should I say my wife, ordered the sidecar thingy and we had an appointment with Keith from Rigged4Life to collect our rig in George, anytime from the 23rd of April 2014.  We however planned a trip with friends (some fellow Wilddogs) through the Baviaans up to George over the Easter weekend.  The wife and I were doing this trip on the Yamaha S10.  (This RR to follow) We arrived in George on the 21st.  We had a friend who was going to bring the GSA from King William’s Town to George on the 23rd.  Things did not work out as planned and we had to rush back to King on the 22nd to sort things out at the house.  We left George in the rain around 11:00 and arrived safely home at 18:00.  We sorted what we had to and packed the GSA for our return journey to George on the 23rd.

I woke up just after midnight on the 23rd with the rain pouring down in bucket loads.  Soon after my wife was also awake and we waited for first light to hit the road.  The rained eased a bit and we left after 07:00, destination George. 

The last time you will see this GSA like this.

On our way to George with the rain coming down again.

We arrived safely in George at 13:00.

Keith from Rigged4Life

They wasted no time and immediately started to work on the fitment of the rig.

The bike being hoisted

While they were busy, Keith said I must practise on his rig.  Anthony and Keith give me lessons and some instructions.

My first solo flight

The chassis and frame for the sidecar is fitted.

Time for the tyre to be fitted

And of course, my wife could not wait to test it.

In the meantime another customer arrived to get rigged.

And I went for another practise run on Keith’s rig.

Time for the body to be fitted.

Our gear standing in the sun to dry out.

There was also time for playing and some jokes, Anthony and Keith

Anthony’s beast, a VMACKS.

Eventually she is done and Anthony must do a test run.

Are we happy or what?

I am getting my final instructions before we go.

She looks happy.

Thanks Keith, Anthony and team, it was worth the wait.  Sorry that we pressed you for time, but we know you understand.  You guys did an excellent job.  Thumbs up to you all.

To Continue...........