Gamkapoort Dam - now with added pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
Finally free at Midday so instead of having lunch I had a RIDE!

I went along the skelm road, skelm if you donâ??t know about it, to the Gamkapoort dam about 30km from PA.

You go along on a tarred suburban road,  past a big rondawel like structure and past the industrial sort of area where you get onto the dirt side of life. The road starts out nice enough, just like most other dirt roads but then thinâ?kâ?s get a bit more interesting with washaways and smally sand monsters â?? nothing bad mind you.

day3ayo3.jpg

day3a1wx2.jpg

day3a2hv8.jpg

day3a3zz3.jpg

day3a4rs3.jpg

day3a5kd8.jpg

day3a6jn5.jpg

Later there is a wee water feature to cross and some gates to go through and some sand traps and some rocky roads and even worse washaways and the road surface gets looser and more lekker and there are plenty of up-downs and about turns and so on till eventually you reach the outreaches of the dam where one can have a picnic or a midday snooze under the bushes and dream dreams of klipspringers and fish eagles and flies and grasshoppers and all.

day3a7vw7.jpg

day3a8qx0.jpg

day3a9ns1.jpg

day3a10bf1.jpg

Before long you decide to return the way you came.

day3a11eb8.jpg

day3a12gj3.jpg

I always feel that a road has two sides to it and one enjoyable trip should lead to another enjoyable return.

Back in PA I cooled off in a cool spa bath â?? unfortunately alone.

Continued at https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=15037.msg231204#msg231204