Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Toll Fees INCREASE  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
Toll Fees INCREASE
« on: May 09, 2014, 01:47:20 pm »
http://www.fin24.com/Economy/Toll-tariffs-to-increase-says-Sanral-20140509

Johannesburg - Toll tariffs will increase in line with the consumer price index (CPI) on May 24, the SA National Roads Agency Limited (Sanral) said on Friday.

"Any adjustments to the tariffs are based on the preceding twelve months' CPI. The average CPI adjustment for Sanral toll tariffs is 5.8%," it said in a statement.

Transport Minister Dipuo Peters approved the tariff adjustments proposed by Sanral early in May and the adjustments were gazetted on Friday.

The only toll plaza that would not be affected by the increase was Swartruggens.

"We use the inflation rate as a guide, as we at the national roads agency do not want to increase road usage costs beyond what is reasonable," spokesperson Vusi Mona said.

Electronic tolling in Gauteng would also not be affected.

"E-toll tariffs in Gauteng became effective in the beginning of December 2013 and therefore the first annual adjustment may only be in March 2015," said Mona.

Ok, that's it.

Now the number plate gets "dirty". Fukkem  :dousing:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline iamgigglz

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • The Hula hoop is Dead. Long live the Hula hoop.
    • Good Dog Computers
Re: Toll Fees INCREASE
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 01:56:12 pm »
I'm not defending e-tolling on the whole, but a CPI-matched increase is reasonable.
www.GoodDogComputers.co.za

Bensien - Wife came home today with a Samsung 3D LED TV and 3D Blue Ray player with built in wi-fi and 1TB hard drive. What else do I need?
Kaboef - A cheaper wife.

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 02:15:11 pm »
I'm not defending e-tolling on the whole, but a CPI-matched increase is reasonable.

Granted, but 6months after they started? reasonable would be only 12months, ie december 2014.

So if they raise it again with inflation in 6months time, it would be increased by 11.6% in 12months? unreasonable indeed!  :dousing:

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 02:17:04 pm »

Granted, but 6months after they started? reasonable would be only 12months, ie december 2014.

So if they raise it again with inflation in 6months time, it would be increased by 11.6% in 12months? unreasonable indeed!  :dousing:

Excludes E-tolls.

But dont other toll fees go up every year at the end of March?? Did they go up at that time this year?
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline westfrogger

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 02:17:48 pm »
"The average CPI adjustment for Sanral toll tariffs is 5.8%,"

Wonder where it will be less, where more than 5,8%.

Offline iamgigglz

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • The Hula hoop is Dead. Long live the Hula hoop.
    • Good Dog Computers
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 02:24:14 pm »
Electronic tolling in Gauteng would also not be affected.

"E-toll tariffs in Gauteng became effective in the beginning of December 2013 and therefore the first annual adjustment may only be in March 2015," said Mona.

Ah wait I failed the comprehension test.
www.GoodDogComputers.co.za

Bensien - Wife came home today with a Samsung 3D LED TV and 3D Blue Ray player with built in wi-fi and 1TB hard drive. What else do I need?
Kaboef - A cheaper wife.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 02:27:59 pm »

Excludes E-tolls.

But dont other toll fees go up every year at the end of March?? Did they go up at that time this year?

Sorry....missed that last part...article made me red in the face before i finished reading.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 02:29:02 pm »

Excludes E-tolls.

Sorry....missed that last part...article made me red in the face before i finished reading.

You sir!! also failed the comprehension test  :laughing4:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Bundu

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »
I could care less if they increased e-tolls as well..... not paying in any case  :snorting:

Offline KSMITH

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 08:24:53 pm »
the regular tolls are a rip off in anycase

never mind the fact that  a bike pays the SAME as a massive suv towing a trailer or a caravan!

the whole toll system here in SA is just DOFF.

it is a small wonder that we find inventive ways not to pay them?- ie drive directly behind cars when going through the toll gates and then it picks you and your bike up as a trailer?

Surely common sense can somehow prevail?
 it can be compared to paying a carbon tax charged when buying an electric car - ie the nissan Leaf. ( there more than like is some sort of carbon tax that the end user pays?)

Excipio ferro et interius ignem equum sedere in venti intonuit

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 08:00:50 am »
Anyone skiet the tolls down to Durban with a plate?

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 08:34:48 am »

I know of someone that has done it down to Nottingham Road.  He has so far not received anything in the mail about it, nor was he chased down from any of the toll gates.
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 08:36:31 am »
 :thumleft: Excellent, cos it pains me to pay those rates on the bike.
Cameras worry me but its too much effort to track the "Offender" down then its also ok  :deal:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 08:47:04 am »
the regular tolls are a rip off in anycase

ie drive directly behind cars when going through the toll gates and then it picks you and your bike up as a trailer?

The trailer thing never happened to me. Don't know how they detect it but the alarm bells go off when you go behind another vehicle. (Bakwena)

Used to have an e-tag for Bakwena, but you are not suppose to use the e-tag only lane. Presume it is due to safety. So I traveled closer to the car in front of me so that if the e-tag is not picked up I still pass under the boom before it closes.

Was about a car length behind a lady and the e-tag worked fine when she thought I was skipping and suddenly decided to take it onto herself to prevent me from doing so. She braked and I almost rode into the back of her car.  >:(

Offline Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 08:50:12 am »

I know of someone that has done it down to Nottingham Road.  He has so far not received anything in the mail about it, nor was he chased down from any of the toll gates.
:ricky: >:D..... Also the average speed cameras only take pics from the front... good news for bikers! The toll operators are often so apathetic, that they don't even try to get your number if you skiet it on a bike... Cages are a bit different though, and can't say what happens there. :deal:
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 09:02:53 am »

:ricky: >:D..... Also the average speed cameras only take pics from the front... good news for bikers! The toll operators are often so apathetic, that they don't even try to get your number if you skiet it on a bike... Cages are a bit different though, and can't say what happens there. :deal:

But they have CCTV at the tolls

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 09:11:31 am »
"Reasonable" .........!wahahahahaahahahaha fukkem
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Kneeslider

• Classic Cycle Cabin
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 06:52:42 pm »
And the prize for the most arrogant SOB in parliament goes toooooooo....Gwede Mantashe
with this gem - 'the people of Gauteng ‘must stop whinging and pay up’

The Opposition to Urban Tolling Alliance (OUTA) notes with interest the dismissive comments made by the ANC’s Mr. Gwede Mantashe’s about the impact of e-tolls on the elections, wherein he states the people of Gauteng ‘must stop whinging and pay up’.

“The eleven percentage point drop off in overall electoral support for the ANC in Gauteng translates into a substantive decline in the traditional support base of the ANC since the 2009 elections. As much as the ANC Executive try to downplay the decline, it is massive and is largely attributed to the decision to force e-tolls on an unwilling and angry public who wont pay for something they were not adequately consulted on or that they didn’t ask for” says OUTA Spokesperson John Clarke. He adds that “while the Nkandla issue has been a national one, e-Tolls has been concentrated to the province of Gauteng, which is where the biggest haemorrhage of ANC support took place.”

The ANC provincial chair Paul Mashatile recently said that some ‘honest introspection’ was needed to identify why the Gauteng ANC has lost votes. “When the new Gauteng Provincial legislature convenes the ANC will have seven less members than before, with their 40 MPL’s facing a combined total of 33 opposition members from both the left and the right, all of whom being opposed to e-tolls. Mr Mantashe is not serving the interests of the ANC by playing along with Sanral’s ambitions on e-tolls” Clarke said.

Wayne Duvenage, the Chairperson of OUTA, adds that, “The Gauteng based ANC Leadership would be wise to embarking on a path of meaningful engagement with stakeholders on the e-toll issue as soon as possible, before it gets any messier. If they want the truth on how the Gauteng public feel about e-tolls, they should consider calling a referendum, or take a serious look at the myriad of polls and discussions on the matter. With well over a million freeway users in Gauteng defying the system, combined with the serious administrative problems, extremely high costs and gross inefficiencies, the e-toll decision was always flawed as a result of poor research, weak data and an arrogant attitude employed by Sanral to convince the authorities to proceed. It’s certainly not going to get better.”

I only have two words for you Gwede, the last one is OFF, you can put whatever you like in front of it.............NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.  :ricky:

Offline Bundu

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 07:00:54 pm »
I love it when they come with arrogant shit like this!
Just motivates me more to not pay a single cent :thumleft:

Offline Teapot

• "Ride long Live forever"
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • "RIDE LONG AND LIVE FOREVER"
    • http://www.digitalrealitydesigns.yolasite.com
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 07:21:38 pm »
WTF!!! :(
"FALL DOWN 7, STAND UP 8."
"NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SAY DIE!"