A Dinosaur and a what "Road block"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLEN I

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
                                            A Dinosaur and a road block.

So it’s a Saturday afternoon and im like lekker bored as I aint got a goose any more. The last one was very unreasonable toward a ou. I mean how difficult is it to understand that a ou like me likes a couple of cold ones now and again, and also to hop on his “Bike” when the “Mood” is there and to take a lekker cruise and to check out the sand roads and lekker scenery and to kuier with the other nice ous out there.

Any way, now im sommer getting off what I wanted to tune you ous. I phone a buddy of mine and he being the man of the house decides sommer right there to go and cruise with me and to have a few cold ones. (His wife was away for the weekend) Mmm now I know why he sommer tuned ok “lets go for it”

My son (Albert) “ a small Dinosaur” ok not so small as the little “bluksem” is now 25 and he also wanted to cruise with. Im starting to worry about the “laaitie” as he sommer digs the cold ones as well, and that maybe his drinking my cold ones when im not looking.

Now he aint got a DP Bike so he hops on the back of mine and off we go, meet up with my buddy and go and do some gravel roads to “Harties” and sommer go and check out the dam and have a cold one or two. So we have a lekker Saturday  Ride on some “twee spoere” and some gravel and Ja some tar also, and now im sommer thinking that I should take my camera with on these rides as then I can show you ous how we had a lekker time even when we “donnerd” off and had to get some medical attention. NO NO!! not that type of a medical attention, “Yislaaik” what are you ous thinking?” I mean proper medical attention, like having a “cold one”. I mean come on you ous should know already that we are Bikers, WD, Dinosaurs, Moerse tough ous.  (insert)

So we have this lekker jol and some lekker riding, then I check out that the sun for some stupid reason sommer has had enough of us ous enjoying our self’s and its being sommer like spiteful and is starting to go where suns go at night time. We have a last cold one and head of to my mates place for a lekker Braai and one or two cold ones to wash away the dust in out dry throats, oh! and to have a few cold ones with our Braai.

Get to his possie and get the fire started over a few cold ones and talk about the lekker time we had out there today and how the cold ones sommer taste different at each possie, and of course lotsa other “Gootes” also.

Now as the evening progresses, “disaster strikes”, we run out of cold ones. Now what is a braai with out a “dop?”

We quickly ascertain that plans have to be made, so we raid his wife’s wine, “yuch” dry wine, but hey im a old biker ou so I sommer makes a plan, in the fridge is some Archers, so we make a mix, Archers and dry “Rooi wyn” .

Now I know it sommer sounds like a “Kak” mix, but both of them don’t taste lekker by them self’s any way

Mmm mixed it sommer tasted much better. There was only one problem involved, it kicks like a “Mule”, so any way we carried on “kuiering” till late that night. He he that pel of mine was sommer in the kak with his missús when she discovered her wine was missing.

Now my “Gat” was like “lekker stumping”. Almost dropped the bike in the driveway but for some stupid reason it never dawned on us that we should rather kip at his “possie”.
So off we go, onto the highway and on the way home, I even had my visor open so that I could check out the road sommer more clearly.

Next thing I check out all of these like orange cones on the road, and decide to check out my riding skills by “Zig Zagging” in between them and was sommer like doing a moerse good job of showing of my riding skills and  I sommer had a audience as well, I mean there was lotsa ous holding up there arms and waving at me, so me being a nice ou that I am I sommer waved back to them. Now who says Pretoria ous aren’t friendly ous.

Get to my turn off and go to my possie. Now with all the days riding and excitement I was feeling a bit moeg so called it a night and sommer fell asleep on the couch.

Woke up the next morning with a moerse headache, kopseer, and a “moerse babelaas”, must have been the red wines fault. He he. So I grabs me a cold one hoping it will help to drown the ou that’s smacking the inside of my head with a hammer or some thing else.

Just then the “Laaitie” comes out and I tunes him (dam that was a lekker kuier we had.) He looks at me with this grin on his face and tunes me “Yip” and by the way “dad” normally a ou stops at a “Road block”

HUH!!! I tune him what “Road Block” So he tunes me if I remember those cones I “Zig Zaged” through and all of those ous with there arms in the air??? Yip I tunes to him, bloody nice friendly people they where too, Waving and cheering me on. So he looks at me and tunes me, nope it was a road block and they weren't cheering me on, they where showing me to stop.

Huh stupid place to have a “Road Block” if you ask me. Needless to say I didn't ride the bike for a whole two days, just incase they were watching out for me.

Still to this day, I wonder what went through there minds.

ALLEN I