Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: '......Ever had to sell your bike because of financial reasons?'  (Read 4966 times)

Offline Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
Re: '......Ever had to sell your bike because of financial reasons?'
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2014, 09:54:20 am »
Ja ! .... kom nou Tom!... this Transalp needs to be shown & ridden! :ricky: The first think to do would be to remove the Cat..... that thing weighs about 7 kg's on it's own, and once removed, makes a big difference to the bike. Gives better ground clearance, and performance.The sound will be nicer as well! Many happy (s)miles mate! :thumleft:
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2014, 01:36:28 pm »
Thanks to everyone, I must say the Alp is quite a step forward comming from the KLR!
Tje ride is so comfy and they power delivery and torque in top gear just great! I always had to gear down on the Hartebeespoort side from silkaatsnek to maintain 110, but the Alp was picking up speed in 5th!

The only thing that I don't like but you can't have your bread buttered on both sides: fuel consumption. I have a steady hand and don't like 'reving' and therefore go quick through the gears. However, from Brits to Midrand and back returned 16km/l. Take in consideration it is througj mountains and some traffic as well. I think she is tuned a bit reach though.
I will remove cat as soon as possible but for now the budged is still a bit tight.

Then the forks was droped about 1,5 cm in the tripple clamps to accomadate a short female rider. That should be a simple fix though, will do it over the weekend.

I LOVE this bike. Mechanically I would say close to 100 persent and just a few scars cosmetically, but I will fix in due course.

Great bike and I want to kick myself for never taken one before on a test ride. Fact; I would have bought one sooner!

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2014, 01:38:59 pm »
Ps: die baas het my huistoe gestuur.....lekker siek. Nou in bed geklim, sal hopeluk vinnig weer gesond wees dat ek daai ALP kan ry! ;)

Online Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2014, 02:16:08 pm »
Ps: die baas het my huistoe gestuur.....lekker siek. Nou in bed geklim, sal hopeluk vinnig weer gesond wees dat ek daai ALP kan ry! ;)

Eks bly jy lewe nog, nadat ons fokkol van jou gehoor het laaste paar dae begin ek worry.

Word gesond, eks Sondag aand terug inni beskawing.
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2014, 02:58:42 pm »
Great stuff  :thumleft:

Many happy miles on it.

BTW - I have only been able to calculate the Verys consumption this weekend for the first time and got 21km/ltr, which was with a lot of stop start riding, idling, slow going, but also some higher speed spurts all two up and then a bit of 160km/h + blasts on the highway

Max I saw was 192km/h
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline thevans

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Namibian trip-September 2008
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2014, 06:11:16 pm »
All things are temporary. You will recover and be biking in the future. Good luck!