UNFINISHED BUSSINESS WITH THE KARRETJIE(ALL MOST DONE)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
As most know, my wife got a new toy and she refuses for it to gather dust.  I thought it good to take her Karretjie for a jolly trip on Saturday.  The planned route would be a loop from King William’s Town via Coombs, Katriver Nature Reserve, Port Alfred, Kenton on Sea, Karel Landman Monument, Salem, Kingsley, Grahamstown and eventually back to King.  The route is roughly a distance of 470 kilometres.

As per usual we had the urge to wake the chickens before they could get to us and we left with first light.

We were a good 20km away from home before the sun peeped over the koppies.  

Some scenery on the route to Coombs turnoff.

Along this stretch of road Mev Vis Arend took the controles and I was forced into the Karretjie.   :eek7:  :eek7:  Video to follow.

After the Great Fish River Pass, we stopped at the river for a smoke break.  

From here we carried on for a couple of kilos and took the turn off at Coombs, one of our favourite routes.  I stopped to deflate the tyres and Nannie took the opportunity to take some photos.  

More scenery on route.

Water crossing.

We stopped at the Coombs Old Methodist Church for a photo shoot.

They predicted rain for today, but we hoped that it would only be late afternoon.  As we left the church, the drops started to fall.  Although it did not rain that hard it still restricted us from taking decent photos.  Here is a couple we managed to sneak in on route to Port Alfred.  

The road was getting very slippery, but it was not a problem.  The bike and Karretjie handled the slippery conditions extremely well.  It’s a real pleasure riding this rig.