My solution to what biking has become....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiLRoy

You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus!
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Are you also fed-up for posers on circa R200k bikes being so serious and 'corporate' about bking? Do you miss your 50cc days, where it was more about what and with who you do things than about how you look?

So inspired by meeting some Vespa okes a while ago at my local, who ride these kind of pimped up scoots and dress kind in a harley davidson mocking (anti hero) way. Just bunch of good mates meeting and riding for the day. Mostly from pub to pub. Just enjoying there scoots and each other's company.

Kind of what i had in mind with my Postie ideas. Pispot, harley mock jacket, slow cruising lotsa beers. Not far, kind of in your town area.

Problem Posties in SA are scarce and old. I dont want to swing spanner more than ride - like with a 2 stroke bike. Vespas are expensive and are scoots, not bikes. Cool, but not my cup of tea.

So what one needs is a common, cheap, reliable bike. Less Than R10k. But pimpable. Naturally cool, but in an unnoticed way. Fark d/s doesnt have to be. Its an everyday bike, but also customizable for you. Like Sailor said in the Wild at Heart movie....

Sailor: Did I ever tell ya that this here jacket represents a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom?
Lula: About fifty thousand times.

I think i found the perfect bike. I can see a bunch of sailor's revving it up on a Sunday morning at the local pubs