Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Acme salvage bike pryse  (Read 1706 times)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: Acme salvage bike pryse
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 10:38:50 am »
I really do not want to rant about this, so see my post as an opinion, not a rant.

High prices for motorcycles and parts is something that, wait for it, sort of came with the yuppie market. Here all are guilty, but I must single out BMW for their contribution to
screwing the client.
I have had friends writing off their GS1150/1200's because of passenger footrest brackets that bent in a crash. Ridiculous.
I stood amazed to see what people pay for servicing, andservice parts for these top-selling brands.
Clever marketing managed to get more people than ever before to pay too much for a product that they often do not actually need.

ACME probably charge what they get the stuff sold for? So, to prove my point, there are lots of buyers out there, way too many in fact, that do not realise the value of things.

Offline XT JOE

Re: Acme salvage bike pryse
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 08:36:47 pm »
I really do not want to rant about this, so see my post as an opinion, not a rant.

High prices for motorcycles and parts is something that, wait for it, sort of came with the yuppie market. Here all are guilty, but I must single out BMW for their contribution to
screwing the client.
I have had friends writing off their GS1150/1200's because of passenger footrest brackets that bent in a crash. Ridiculous.
I stood amazed to see what people pay for servicing, andservice parts for these top-selling brands.
Clever marketing managed to get more people than ever before to pay too much for a product that they often do not actually need.

ACME probably charge what they get the stuff sold for? So, to prove my point, there are lots of buyers out there, way too many in fact, that do not realise the value of things.

But we are to blame for this....i think insurances are changing slightly because they are hurting with these easy write offs. I rebuilt a code 3 GS 800 with ACME supplying body parts (cost 50% odd percent of new -Superfoxi made the top tripple clamp -looks better then original and 50% cost. Found Acme pretty helpfull returning and swopping  parts. I have bought some stuff from UK/Europe but have not quite gone the ebay route- with some stories of people being ripped off with incorrect parts -and massive shipping cost/ hassle to return items
When life gets to hard to stand. kneel