Peaches' Progress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
This is how Peaches has progressed from her accident on the 27th December till now, almost 2 months later, I will update it as she progresses until she is back on her own 2 wheels.
It is also a stark reminder of what can happen to us and the impact it has on you should you suffer the same injury, those that have already will probably identify with it.

Peaches started  physiotherapy the 2nd week in January, about 17 days after the crash, at first it was extremely painfull, although the initial exercises were minimal, she had to do these exercises 3 times a day, which she has done religiously, although some of them hurt like hell.
She went back to work on the 17th Jan although she was booked off work until the end of the month, but half day only.

She managed to drag me on the grocery shopping trips very early on, and I HATE grocery shopping! >:D

It took about 3 weeks for her to be able to shower and get partly dressed on her own.
She has weaned herself off shedule 5 painkillers after about 5 weeks, going down to shedule 3 stuff only twice a day, at first she lived from 6 hour to 6 hour 'fix' of Synap Forte, every time she got really grumpy we knew the 6 hours was nearly up... ;D

She had a check up with the orthopedic surgeon at the end of Jan and he was happy with her progress.

On the first of Feb she started doing a 3/4 days work, but at the end of the day she was finished.

The physio regime has intensified, she does about 3/4 hours worth of exercises and 10 minutes on the cross-trainer.

She has sat on every test bike I have had, pissed off that she cannot ride yet, she sat on a KTM 990 last weekend, then on a 1200GS, still undecided but anxious to test the 990, likes it so far.

Last weekend she drove her own car, I changed the gears for her, her left arm is still not strong enough, but she succeeded in scaring the kark out of me around the neighborhood.
Her father has lent her one of his cars to use for now, it is an 'auto' and easy enough to drive......spoilt brat..... ;D

Attachments

• DSCN0587.JPG
    DSCN0587.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 649