My 'Mother' of a Solo ride to Namibia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mother

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
well some of you may have followed my trip on FB.....seems like I'm under pressure to post a trip report by some of you...so here goes....piece by piece it will be work in progress
thing is it started like this...after some years in Botswana with my own business i decided to call it a day and start chasing some of my own personal dreams for a change...
long story short that day finally came at the end of March this year..
so being in-between things and with time on my hand i set about getting ready to ride.Unfortunately my regular pillion, my wife who also runs her own business could not join me due to her commitments.
in any case i felt some me time was due and i also just wanted to clear my head and just let the road talk to me
so with no fixed agendas or REAL plan i set off for Namibia knowing that each day will be taken as it comes....direction too....time line was non existent.... i have a wonderful wife and she knew i would be back when the time was right.....as far as i was concerned i needed to be in Cape Town only in July...so time was not my enemy on this trip
as i started getting the route in my head i knew i wanted to cover as much of Namibia as possible....its a great country to ride and i have had the privilege of riding there on and off since 1988
because i was going alone i made sure i had all the creature comforts ,stool,stove food and tools and pump with repair kit.....nice having a whole pannier dedicated to this....in most cases would have been my wife's
this is what i took with:
PASSPORT
3 man tent
inflatable mattress
small pillow
sleeping bag
blanket/groundsheet for front of tent......absolute winner
msi gas stove
pot/plate
tin cup
coffee
sugar