Finally : My son and my first ride together

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
As some of you may have read a while back , my ex wife has decided that my son , Jaco, is now old enough to ride with me. The one proviso was that he should have all the kit before he gets on the bike.

In true Wilddog style a bunch of Wilddogs jumped in and before I knew it Jaco had all the kit needed.

Yesterday then was the big day and after getting the last goodies from Cocky I made my way to Fishoek where Jaco was eagerly awaiting my arrival. We wasted no time in getting all the kit on. Everything fitted perfectly with only his jeans being too tight to go over the knee guards and boots. I was not to fazed about that and got him to wear it over the jeans.

I spent a few minutes explaining to him the basics of riding pillion and after the compulsory pics were taken we set off towards Simons Town.

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

There is a road that turns off to the right towards Scarborough and I took that, stopping at the lookout to watch the view and make sure that Jaco was comfortable and enjoying himself. I need not have worried. The grin on his face watch matching my own.

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

We stopped at the beach at Scarborough but did not waste much time as were both feeling the hunger pangs.

IMG_0977.jpg

So without much adoo we set of towards the Toad at Noordhoek Farm villiage where a nice cold coke and a hude pizza each was devoured.

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

When I feigned wanting to go home Jaco wanted to hear nothing off it and asked if we could not ride some more. Well, the young man has asked - who am I to say no ?

I rode to the Noordhoek beach and from there set off towards Simons Town again.

We stopped at the Simons Town harbour

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

Jaco wanted to go and find an old canon that he and his friends visited once before and so with him yelling instructions over my shoulder we went to find said canon up on a hill overlooking Simons Town harbour.

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

Do not let the sad face fool you. Jaco posed for this pic as if locked in a prison. He was having the time of his life.

IMG_0996.jpg

By now it was getting dark so we headed to Fishoek where we would meet up with his mom at the beach. Some final sweetness was consumed while we waited for mom to arrive.

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

I would like to thank each and every wilddog that helped to make this come true. Thank you all for your generosity.

I think that the day could be summed up in the words that Jaco used when he spoke to his grandma that evening :"It was the greatest day ever !".