Unexpected eclipse trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogless

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Exactly a week ago I got a call from a friend staying in Pietersburg....."hop on your bike, I'll meet you in Nylstroom on Wednesday evening to watch the eclipse", he said. The next eclipse is only in 2011, he added some more bait. Live for the moment, do it while you can, he carried on. You're crazy....mad...I replied. Even more so as we had a weekend planned with our families also in the Nylstroom area.

BUT the seed was sown and by Tuesday evening I confirmed my partisipation. Came Wednesday afternoon I made a b-line for Nylstroom from Vanderbijlpark. Before sunset I was having a dip in the pool at Thaba Kgatla.

The plan was to get up >:D at 3 o'clock and travel by 4x4 up a hill to a wooden deck from where we could take some photos. We were surprised by some more friends joining us from Pretoria and we went big with the braai and "verversings". To such an extend that tents which were errected earlier were taken down without being used. Nope, we "kuiered" right through Wednesday evening. Except me, I managed an hour 's sleep before being waked at 2:45.  We did the photo thing and with sunrise I had a quick shower and off to work we went.

Attachments

• IMG_5491v_resize.jpg
    IMG_5491v_resize.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 143