Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Brakepad special at Big Dogs  (Read 447 times)

Offline Camel

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Panniers on the back
Brakepad special at Big Dogs
« on: June 13, 2014, 10:41:33 am »
Hello fellow LC owners

Bid Dogs have a special on brakepads:

Front                     Ferodo FDB2265ST(R 545.00 per set)       R 1090.00
Rear                       Ferodo FDB2039ST                                   R 325.00
Shipping                                                                                  R 125.00

TOTAL                                                                                      R 1540.00

How does this compare with the dealer prices? Does BMW also use Ferodo?
Will it affect the warranty if you replace it yourself? If this is a good deal, can one buy and ask them to fit it or will it go off bad at the dealerships? I have read that some did it with the oil.
I have done 10000km's with the bike and have around 2mm left on the back pads. Is it a difficult job to do it on your own?

Thanks for your help

Offline TheBear

Re: Brakepad special at Big Dogs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 11:05:38 am »
The pricing doesn't look that special to me.  Similar to Full Throttle or World of Accesories.
Fitting your own brake pads should not impact on the warranty, unless of course the brake pads damage something like the discs.
The dealership I use will fit for you, but the saving wouldn't be that big as the dealership will also sell Ferodos instead of OEM to you at your request.  My wife's LC just had rears done as part of the service and the price was around R500 for the pads.
If you know what you are doing you should be able to do the rear pads in 5 or so minutes.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 11:07:48 am by AMZ »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Camel

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Panniers on the back
Re: Brakepad special at Big Dogs
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 11:32:40 am »
Thanks AMZ, seems to be better to rather do it at the dealership then, just in case something goes wrong.