950 in workshop AGAIN!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Naartjie

I am so tired of this farkin' bike....... :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:

Firstly, thanks to Groenie for recovery yesterday afternoon!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!  Really appreciated!!!!!!  O0 O0

Monday morning, after spending 2 weeks servicing, polishing, etc., the bike dies about a kay from my house. Immediately suspected the fuel supply. And it was. Fuel pump is perfect, but the fuse went for a ball. Not blown, but broken. Replaced, all  good. Vibration, I assume.... Not so bad.

Then Tuesday comes and on the N1 yesterday afternoon between Marlboro and Woodmead there is and almightly bang and the bike dies..... No electrics whatsoever. Checked all the fuses but I know that it is something more serious. Phoned Proaction to come and pickup my bike today.... They actually know where I live already. Scary....

Probably what you can expect from a bike with 110 000 kay's on that was only designed to finish the Dakar. Another good thing is that every time something goes wrong, it is something different. Soon the 'not-so-clockwork-orange' will be totally rebuilt!!!!!!

I have been trying so hard to be positive about this bike, but I think I am losing the battle.

Worst is that one spends so much ching on farkles for these things and it is a total loss when you do eventually decide to change bikes.

Thanks to all the other guys that stopped and offered help as well!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And to those that sort of ignored me.... Don't worry, if you have a problem one day, I will stop anyway!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D