The two Dinosaurs loose there cold ones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLEN I

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
The two Dinosaurs loose there cold ones.

Long long ago when we was still like “lekker jonk” Dinosaurs, me and Ian decided to take a cruise to Durbs by the sea. So here forth does the ride go.

So here we was just sitting in the “kroeg” and tuning the other ous what’s its like to be like “lekker” young and free and how “lekker” it is to ride on our Bikes and that we “sommer” cruise like any where we want to.

So with all of this kak” “praating” I “sommer” get like “lus” and tune Ian.  So how does a cruise down to Durbs sound?  

Ian tunes me his game, so we draw some more cash , buy the necessary items for the trip. (A Good couple of cold ones each, and we ready to go.)

Now those years we are like not riding DS bikes, im on my Kawasaki 750 ltd and Ian is on a Yamaha (some thing) “dam old age”. So we of.

Now we coming up from Klerksdorp to Durbs and having a bloody blast on the road, We are young ous and we “sommer” fly past a few towns on the way, when Ian checks this Grond pad” and tunes me over a cold one or two. Hey my china lets go this way and check where it comes out. (Ian’s lust for Gravel has started)

So as I tuned you ous we are like still “lekker” young ous and full of beans and “yukkerag ous” that we “sommer Gooi” our bonnies in gear and take off down the “grond pad” Now we having all of this “lekker” time just cruising and stopping now and again after almost “plooging” and having a few more cold ones and tuning each other how “lekker” we cruising and all other kinda “kak” as well and not admiring the scenery.

By this time we have like already finished off a six pack of the cold ones we had bought, and we are now “sommer” worried that we gonna run out of vital supplies for our journey.

So of we go and as Ian gets to the top of a rise, he jumps of of his bonnie and like jumps up and down with his arms in the air, now I sommer like get this “moerse skruk” as I thought he was like bit by a “poffader” or some thing or that his dehydrated and then I will have to share my cold ones with him.

As I pull up to him he tunes me look, look we are saved, there’s a town in the distance and as it’s a plaas town they must have a “Kroeg” and a possie to fill up our supply of cold ones.

Now with a “moerse spoed” he takes of, “sommer” “gooing” me with gravel and dust and all of those other “goetes” a ou finds on those “plaas pads”  Before I could even scheme to ride on, I first had to get the bloody “grond” out of my eyes.

So I eventually catch up to him and we pull into the town and he checks a Bottle Store and heads in that direction.

Now the owner has just come out and is about to lock up his possie when Ian comes screaming down the road doing about 100km per hour straight towards the poor ou, I think this ou almost “kaked” in his pants.

Now before the bike has even come to a stand still, all a ou sees is “stof”, Ian is of his bike and tuning this ou hey don’t lock yet, we need some cold ones, and im like right behind Ian still on my bonnie all covered in sand and “plaas pad goetes” looking like one of those biker things your “Mama” tuned you ous to stay away from.

All this poor ou could get out was “askies” so Ian tunes him we need to buy some “beer”.

“Oe” se hy and he lets us in to buy some well needed cold ones. So he tunes us “waar gaan julle?” Ian tunes him we on our way to Durbs. This ou toppie starts laughing and tunes us we on the wrong road, and that Durbs is in the other direction. Duh!! We know that, Ian tunes him that we took a bit of a detour on the way.

So any way I ask him where the bloody hell are we any way? He tunes us we are in(Reitz) (if my recollection is right.) “ Bloody old age”. He then asks us if we are in a hurry as they having a “makietie”(bazaar thingy) and we must sommer come with him and join in on the fun. Now this ou must of sommer liked us to invite us. So Ian looks at me and I “sommer” look back at him cause neither of us two now what a “donner” is a “makietie”

So Ian tunes him “what the donner is daai ding” that you invited us too. This ou has a good laugh and tunes us that he also used to ride bikes and it’s a heap of fun and we are his guests and they have cold ones. Now I think that cold one remark made up our minds for us. So we tune him ok were game.

Not to be out done he tunes us to wait here and he goes to the back of his “winkel” So we open a cold one each and as we about to drink it, we hear this “moerse geraas” that makes a ou sommer almost “kak” in his pants, “sommer” makes us down our cold ones so we can get some “dutch courage” and then go and check out if this ou is ok. The next thing this ou toppie comes back on an old Indian with no exhaust and making a bloody “moerse” noise. He grins at us and tunes us to follow him.

So we follow him and we cruise to the middle of the town where they have this “moerse” party going on and they have all of these stalls selling all kinda “goetes”. So as we cruise closer and just about every body like almost looks like a “papegaai” as they turn there heads around to check out what’s this moerse noise is and see these 3 bonnies coming towards them.

So we rock up and park the bonnies and take a “trap” towards those other “plaas ous”  Now we aint bang ous, but a couple of those ooms and tannies looked mighty scary. So old “oom Tuis” tunes them he has invited us and that we are “moerse” nice ous, still don’t know about the nice ou part, and even if they believed him cause those “Tannies” were “gooing” us two the evil eye.
So we “trapsing” around their and checking out the “goetes” and drinking cold ones and chatting to those “lekker plaas ous” and having a good time. Next thing “oom Tuis” tunes us that we are his guests and we have to stay over and his already organized us a possie too kip and food and lotsa cold ones. Now every time a ou mentions cold ones, for some reason the Brain says cold ones and “sommer” doesn’t wait for the rest of the body to reply and like “sommer” makes the decision for the rest of the body.

So sleep over it is, by now the “plaas Tannies” are like “sommer” being a lot friendlier towards us, but every time we start chatting to there daughters, they give us that evil eye “sommer” again. Huh!! don’t know why, dammit man “oom Tuis tuned them “mos” that we are “moerse” nice ous.

So night time approaches and we are “stukkend honger” and then every body starts to gather around these moerse long tables and “oom Tuis” tunes us to come sit and that they bringing the food. “Lekker” Ian tunes as the poor ou is “stukkend” hungry. So I tune Ian “byt vas” buddy don’t eat with out me ill be here now. Im just gonna fetch us some cold ones.

Well when I get back, Ian Is like white as a ghost and staring at his food, and his food is like staring back at him, all you see is “Tande” and”oe” and the rest of the bloody “goats head” in front of him, some ous had even opened up those goats “koppe” and were like digging into it. Ian looks at me and tunes me there’s no bloody way his eating this thing, well needles to say all of those cold ones in me was trying to fight each other to get out all at once, lucky I managed to find some flowers that needed my attention as they looked pretty thirsty.

Don’t know until this day how Ian managed to keep his cold ones from spewing out.
“Oom Tuis” and quite a few of the other ous were laughing there bloody heads off at us two.  They offered us some thing els to graze, but we had for some reason lost our appetites, although it didn’t stop us from having a few more cold ones. Ian was in the lead so it took me quite a while to catch up seeing that I watered the plants with mine from the top, not the bottom.

Those ous can surly party, next thing out came the “wittekies: and “mampoer” well let me put it this way,”Oom Tuis” needent of organized us sleeping posies, as we woke up next to our bikes the next morning with the worst ”babelaases” one can imagine.

“Oom Tuis” wanted us to “kuier” some more that day, but “huh” we was not looking or feeling that good, even the morning cold ones were not helping at all. So we decided stuff Durbs and headed of for home, must say that was the longest gravel road I had ridden in my life, we lost our cold ones twice on that “grond pad”. And also once on the tar.

Needles to say we dident have a “lekker” ride back home, and we was like riding like those Sunday cruising ous I told you ous about.

Scheme if the old fuzz pulled us of they would of locked us up. as I scheme we were still a “biekie dronk”. Eventually we managed to crawl into Klerksdorp and get to our houses.

Till this day if I check out a goat, I get this not so “lekker” feeling in the pit of my stomach.  

Thanks guys

Allen and Ian

Sorry guys no pics many years ago