Honda XL 600 Oil leak Help [ oil flow in frame ] sorted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Latie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR600
I made big kark when rebuilding the 600.
When I bought the basket case I had a brain fade  and  wanted to modify the XL 600 frame  so it could fit the  older XR 500 motor, and the tube was cut out I immediately realized that I made a big mistake.  Long  story short I have cut the tube and welded it back together when decided to fit the original motor. It was a diy weld job, and ever since then  the one weld are sweating and making a drop of oil that runs down the frame.
I want the tube  [support for top mount] professionally welded, but before I start dismantling the bike I just want to make sure about the oil flow, as this image below makes me think the oil are not supposed to be in this tube.
Question , is the oil flow  supposed  to go through the thinner tube [marked in yellow] or not. As from this image it does not look like it.
The oil pressure seems fine ,as the oil is pi$$ing out when the banjo bolt  at the top is loosen. I have been riding it for nearly a 1000 km with no need for oil fill ups.
I also found this thread:
https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785374

This quick cut with the angle grinder is haunting me  :mad:
Sometimes power tools are very dangerous in the hands of the stupid