WC-Cederberg Oasis via Citrusdal and the best riding conditions ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Pitty Haboob posted the warning on my planning a ride thread , that scared all the wannabees away , The Cederberg recovers so quickly , and the road conditions were not at all what he mensioned .
You cant compare a cars riding to a bike,
Our bikes dont feel potholes , the way cars do , and the mud monster ,well  must have gone home !

So , it was Fuzzy Muzzy and me,

Looking down on Citrusdal

Although my fingers froze in the morning and it two cups of coffee at the Spur in Picketberg to thaw my finger tips out, the dirt road conditions were absolutely fantastic.

No mud to talk about, hard packed well ridden but moist dirt.
Lekker grip , and little dust this morning.

We got to Picketberg at 08h55 and hit the Spur for Coffee for the fingers and a quick breakfast,
Then it was a quick stop in Citrusdal for a fuel top up, and we were off.
That first piece of gravel road is always potholed , but wasnt too bad today.
I have been down there in way worse than that,

Not a breath of wind in the water

Hardly any mud to mension and lekker gravel through the citrus tree orchard section,then on through Niewoudspas, Algeria,Uitkykpas, all the way to Sanddrift,

Just over Uitkyk pass the road is a bit washed away , but after that the taps were open,

NO LOOSE SAND, it was like someone resurfaced and compacted the road.

Fuzzy mensioned I wasnt going fast enough , so the next time he saw me , I was in Maatjies River on the Bridge chatting ti Flatout , who had come the other way to meet us there.

FUZZY MUZZY

Looking back on Niewoudspass

Selfie !

Looking up towards Uitkyk Pass

Uitkyk Pass looking down over Algeria

The Maatjies river wasnt even a foot deep , so we took turns of ridding through and taking pics.

FLATOUT

And Chantal`s T Bones at Oasis , were the best I have ever had there before.

Thanks Muz for a WICKED RIDE TODAY , it was just what I needed !

pics loading