The XR-Fest. Dogs in the Dust..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sierck-Les-Bains, France, (Formerly Benoni, SA)
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
_0Iv3jmdENr1UJTg1iVNAyt76o49ZRhRawr_cqibFN0Z=w798-h598-no

While this ride was called the XR-Fest it was by no means limited to red thumpers as you will soon see.
It was a most excellent bunch of guys and a girl riding pillion who met at Bapsfontein Market. I'm pretty sure that's not what the place is called, but that's what I called it and everyone found it, so there.
tWzwvIrpNQRedBezOQ54oiaKko_HFP97PeBnYtBzBk7E=w1015-h571-no

The days riding began with cups of coffee provided FREE by the kind people at The Village Kitchen Mike and his lady are great folk who have a lot of involvement in the offroad riding community, giving of their time, energy and most importantly their hot coffee on cold winter mornings. Now as I quickly learned, the Dogs are a gregarious, generous bunch, so a collection was quickly taken up and we compensated the Village Kitchen for their unsolicited kindness.
DSC01206.JPG

Now I am a bit kak with names and sometimes even forget my own name, so please help me out here guys who were there!!

We enjoyed a great turnout of Honda XR's (Of course) ranging from a lone XR500RE, to 600R's and 650L's.
IMG_0638.JPG

Woody was on his magnificent XL600 and his son was on a XT Super Tenere.
8CrurTsNy69TN7mwflwZ4bmkcgzF4xZJ4vOw0FpQkIo2=w798-h598-no

Then we enjoyed the company of the Orange brigade. 3 Katooms came along.
IMG_0636.JPG

XT's, DR's and a BMW F650GS complete with rider and his Pillion Poppie who stuck with us all the way to Red Star.
IMG_0639.JPG

An old school buddy, Hamish was the rear guard on his Triumph 800 Tiger. He has some great foties to contribute too!!
IMG_0621.JPG

I have begun writing this report while the photos are still uploading to Google. (There are 1300 photos!!) So, this will take some time.

Enjoy the show!!