Four Frozen Foreskins do Lesotho 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Ginger bread man aka Gail, had been nagging me for ages to go on a trip through Lesotho, the plan was to go up Sani pass and out through Caledonspoort,
I kept putting it off, using finances as an excuse, but eventually I gave in, realising that there was a public holiday in June, I told him I was in and that was our weekend to do it, the fact that it was winter didn’t even cross my mind.
We tried to round up more friends to join us but I suspect they all thought we were mad, all except 2, Orko was the first to jump at the invite and immediately book his place, JMass aka Machete, after reading about our intentions wished us well, I asked if he wanted to join and there was no hesitation from him. Four guys, only I knew them all, the others had never met, but with the banter on a closed facebook group and a whatsapp group chat they rapidly got to know each other and what a perfect match we all are, same sense of humour and all not even realising that it may be seriously cold up there….
Weeks of planning, what to take, where to stay, routes to take, places to see, what to avoid, what ifs and the warnings from fellow bikers that we are insane, Sani pass is incredibly difficult especially on bike Dual sport bikes, that if it snows we could face slippery roads covered with ice, if it rains the mud will make any progress through the tough Lesotho terrain treacherous and near impassable.
But we all urged each other on, gathered warm thermal gear, space blankets, a satellite phone, waterproof matches and water purification tablets and we were ready for the travels ahead…. How could I forget, we had a Machete as well.

A logo was even designed
10369048_10154251312670655_3687945986327448963_o.jpg