First time for the Pension Eater on his own bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
So I have this 13 year old that I think is now ready to be introduced to the wonderful world of motorcycling.
I have taught his older brother (now 25) everything I know about riding a motorcycle and after he crashed my 1100 RT and written off my 1150 RT he eventually got it right.... I think. :imaposer:

So I thought that I want the younger one to be riding from an earlier stage. Waiting for the right time I picked up the little XTZ - 125 Yammie in Brits on Saturday.

After a few running repairs we got the little bike purring on the first and sometimes on the second kick.... still working on the electric starter issue.

On Sunday we went out with the XR blokes from Bapsfontein to Bronkhorstspruit and Red Star raceway.
We excused ourselves before Red Star and rode back to go and give the laaitie his first lesson in riding a motorcycle.

Got to the little park a block from our house and gave him a crash course in operating the clutch etc.
Poor fellow had no idea even how to operate the gears, but between Francois and myself we showed him the basics.

My perception and that is what I am teaching him is that the clutch is in my opinion the  most important part on the bike. Then the brakes and only then the throttle.
He quickly realized it when he came towards me, opened the throttle and the bike jumped forward...result more gas and more speed.  :ricky:
Quickly made sure he understands that when anything happens, pull in the clutch and then apply brakes.
From then on it was plain sailing... must say I think he is a natural.
After only a few minutes he was changing gears up and down, riding figure eights, stopping and starting.

Man I am a proud daddy, and that SMILE... priceless.

This afternoon if I am in time at home it will be us in the park again for a little ride. :ricky:

Now we need to get some riding pants, jacket and maybe lekker boots and we will take him to the minedumps.
Maybe there are some stuff lying in cupboards somewhere that can be donated. Don't want to buy new stuff as he is growing by the second Thank's 

Attachments

• 001 Start.jpg
    001 Start.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 415
  • 002 ry.jpg
    002 ry.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 003 smile.jpg
    003 smile.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 414
  • 004 ry 2.jpg
    004 ry 2.jpg