Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: @ the idiot who knocked my mirror off  (Read 12170 times)

Offline Maddoglips

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: @ the idiot who knocked my mirror off
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2014, 10:01:05 am »
I cant see everything, I wish, but I can see a guy look in the mirror and start to move over to block deliberately, and I can see a guy look in the mirror and wait till I'm right at his tail light and then decide to change lanes with no indication. I can also see a guy look in a mirror while stationary and see me coming between the cars and then nicely move over and block so I can't get to the front. Times like this I LOVE been an Ass cause I can, but don't always break things then, only when it's been so close that the chances of me coming off were great. I do laugh after waiting most times as they are still stuck and others have given me way. OH and I do Thank as many as possible who have let me through.

Sorry if it offends any 1 else, or you don't like it, But thats just me, maybe today I get killed on my bike by 1 of these deliberate moves by 1 of these wankers and my wife and daughters must just live with it? I think NOT.

I don't go riding to look for trouble and always try and be considerate and calm in my aproach as I've been riding for many years in traffic, and this has saved me plenty of times. But on the very odd occasion, I give what they wanting when they deliberate, cause while they get out their car and say Oh I'm sorry, I'm possibley laying broken in pieces.

Don't read more into it than what I said, I'm sure any 1 who is able to ride a bike properly, can read a cagers actions as accidental or deliberate after watching them on approach, through the traffic.

I watch through windows to see what they doing as if I see they on a phone or day dreaming, I know to give more room or avoid totally, I ride defensive to try and stay out of situations.

Any How LOVE All You Okes LONG TIME NOW, go ride and be safe.

Offline steveindar

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Eish!
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2014, 10:20:56 am »
Does anybody know of a country where cagers and bikers commute in blissful harmony? There will always be friction between the groups...now stir in stupid pedestrians into the mix...

Just like everything that has collapsed in SA, the standard of driver training hasn't escaped. Gotta start to rebuild with the kids and give them the right attitude form the get-go.
COVID KILLS SADDLE TIME!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

XRV750 Africa bike, KTM 525EXC plastic Africa bike, BMW1150GS Civilization bike; TY250Z Footup's ??? VFR750 Potential off-road hooligan bike!

Offline Maddoglips

• Pack Dog
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2014, 10:23:05 am »
Does anybody know of a country where cagers and bikers commute in blissful harmony? There will always be friction between the groups...now stir in stupid pedestrians into the mix...

Just like everything that has collapsed in SA, the standard of driver training hasn't escaped. Gotta start to rebuild with the kids and give them the right attitude form the get-go.

Truth This.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2014, 11:00:08 am »

There was a time that we had driver training in SA?  When was that?  Certainly before 1976 when I learned.
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2014, 11:09:32 am »

There was a time that we had driver training in SA?  When was that?  Certainly before 1976 when I learned.

We had a school driver training program - those blue and white Citi Golfs.
Even competitions on a regional level.

Was kinda cool getting together with what looked like hundreds of similar looking Citi's

I remember it running from around 1989/1990 (was still going when I was matric in '91, but don't know what happened after that)

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2014, 12:50:53 pm »
We had a school driver training program - those blue and white Citi Golfs.
Even competitions on a regional level.

Was kinda cool getting together with what looked like hundreds of similar looking Citi's

I remember it running from around 1989/1990 (was still going when I was matric in '91, but don't know what happened after that)

I remember that.  Way too late for me a millions others.  Also only at some schools. 
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Online woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2014, 01:06:45 pm »
Saw this in the Sydney Telegraph today.... Glad I don't stay in Australia.... shit place to ride a bike. :3some:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2014, 05:57:38 pm »

Just spent the day in Barcelona on a scooter riding all over a strange city on the wrong side of the road most of the time not knowing where I am.
Thousands of scooters and bikes among the cages, everyone just going about their business, and not a single issue or sign of aggression all day.

Why?

Respect!

Respect for the rules of the road and others, and probably a dose of tolerance too.

So yes, it is possible.

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2014, 07:12:44 pm »

You realise that what you state works both ways, don't you? You also did not notice the namecalling? Is Subie a Suidlander??

Yes as far as I know he is  . I am stating the problem,  not name calling. Why did Subie bring R & P issues into a bike banter thread at all ? It's not relevant .

Sorry ek sien nou eers die poste. Bietjie besig met my trip se goed.
Subie is n suidlander ??   :imaposer: Ek ken van  daai klomp conmen goed ja maar n suidlander ?? Aikona so dom was ek darem nog nooit nie. Dis waar ek het geen waentjie gepak met blikkieskos   :imaposer:
Waar is die R&P issues wat ek hier ingebring het of duimsuig jy bietjie  alweer  ???
I attacked nobody personally just  attacked/commented on the stupidity of a post. Which I would have thought is afterall just my opinion to which I am entitled to about another person's post/opinion.  :ricky:
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2014, 06:52:05 am »

Just spent the day in Barcelona on a scooter riding all over a strange city on the wrong side of the road most of the time not knowing where I am.
Thousands of scooters and bikes among the cages, everyone just going about their business, and not a single issue or sign of aggression all day.

Why?

Respect!

Respect for the rules of the road and others, and probably a dose of tolerance too.

So yes, it is possible.

:evil6:

Same in Peru. Very seldom see any aggression towards riders and vice versa in Lima. The riding is pretty scarey comapred to RSA though.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Howie-WP

« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2014, 10:01:25 pm »

Online woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2014, 12:41:15 pm »
Lekker stupid

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Jag man

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2014, 07:32:26 pm »
Dooooooos,lekker stupid.

Offline ButchH

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Ми тебе тиснути
GSA 1150
XL 250
GS 1200

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2014, 08:41:59 pm »
 :imaposer: :spitcoffee: hier is eintlik nie 'n smiley wat mooi beskryf hoe lekker ek nou gelag het vir die een nie.

Offline JK

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
  • Everything Counts In Large Amounts
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2014, 08:13:01 am »
Whaaahaaaaaa  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
When u are on tar u are lost  !

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2014, 05:01:59 pm »
What can happen when you nearly hit a biker...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0DsXFaaO_GM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0DsXFaaO_GM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
I wonder where that gravel road goes? And that, has usually made all the difference. (Apologies to Mr Frost)

You want to have a stable Picture & Video host?

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg?Coupon=7ovFBQhdrwnZw

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2014, 05:47:34 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0DsXFaaO_GM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0DsXFaaO_GM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Awww....  :bootyshake:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Tintin

• Race Dog
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2014, 06:34:41 pm »

WTF....!!!!!

That guy is lucky the girl didn't go feral. 
Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,
My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night Tongue tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit. I