Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DRZ WILL NOT START  (Read 381 times)

Offline zugger11

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
DRZ WILL NOT START
« on: June 23, 2014, 08:33:43 pm »
Hi all,

Need your help.

I have a drz 400e 2007 model. The bike has been running like adream. It started first time even when cold, but last weekend I washed the bike with my karcher. It would not start so I left it to dry properly . I charged the battery fully. When I tried to start it this weekend the starter turned the motor by it would not start even with continiosly pushing the starter button. Once or twice it sounded if it would start but did not and backfired once or twice. Petrol is flowing from the tank.

Before I go further what do you think is the problem/.

Thanking you in advance,

ZUGGER11
IF NOT WHY NOT

Offline lecap

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
Re: DRZ WILL NOT START
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:25:09 am »
Your bike is upset because you abused it with a pressure washer. Bikes don't like that.

There is water somewhere where you should not have water. Most likely under your spark plug cap.

In the future use the pressure washer to remove marine growth from a boats hull or lichen from roof tiles and paving.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline zugger11

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:59:03 am »
Hi

Thanks will look to night
IF NOT WHY NOT

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 10:12:29 am »
There is water somewhere where you should not have water. Most likely under your spark plug cap.

I had a similar problem with my DRZ after I went through a water-crossing in the Cederberg mountains.
Water splashed on the the hole where the sparkplug was and had no way to get out.