Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: New BMW Dealer in Cape Town?  (Read 6560 times)

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
Re: New BMW Dealer in Cape Town?
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2014, 04:08:57 pm »
You knows mos
Quiche
Aai fok Cyril, daai ding ja. ???
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2014, 04:11:20 pm »
I'm selling an F800GS. If I throw in a cake, can you really say no?
Even if you throw in KOEK the answer is NO. :deal:
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline monkeyboy

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2014, 04:16:56 pm »
And if Donford's offered that, even Danie would ride a Beemer.
"Wait, we need a plan of attack!"
"I have a plan. Attack."

Offline Alan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2014, 07:35:54 pm »
Well I for one wish them all the best. I've gone off the brand purely because of the prices of spares, but I can vouch for their TOP mechanic Shane Hoskins, and I certainly hope he is treated with a lot more respect than the previous bunch of wankers that ran Atlantic..

Good luck Donfords Cape Town.  :thumleft:

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2014, 02:05:39 pm »
Part of the press release:

For more than 90 years, BMW Motorrad has created innovative products in order to provide novice and experienced riders with the ultimate riding experience. BMW Motorrad is not a brand that is just about motorbikes. It’s a lifestyle brand that represents optimism and self-confidence. Reflecting its heritage of innovation, BMW Motorrad is launching a new business model and retail concept for its dealerships that is aimed at creating a 360 degree premium lifestyle and retail experience for Motorrad customers and enthusiasts.

The new retail concept will be presented at the opening of Donford Motorrad in Cape Town. This new dealership will be the blueprint store for all BMW Motorrad dealerships around the world and the first of its kind in South Africa. To celebrate this milestone BMW Motorrad cordially invites you to join Mr Stephan Schaller, Global President of BMW Motorrad, Mr Heiner Faust, BMW Motorrad’s Global Head of Sales and Marketing as well as Mr Alexander Baraka, General Manager of BMW Motorrad in South Africa, for a tour of the facilities, a discussion of the new business model and overall brand repositioning concept.

Dit klink duur.

Thanks for the pics.
Thanks goodness there is a Motorrad closer to me now.
I'm more interested in the workshop and that to me looks tit - Donford Stellenbosch is also neat and tidy, not the mess I've seen at some other dealerships with parts of one dudes bike lying on another customers' bikes seat etc.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:33:10 pm by Omninorm »
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline DirtRebell

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2014, 05:39:24 pm »
Ek het vandag gaan inloer.
Verseker Donford se nr1 winkel van hier af aan.

Die plek herinner mens maar aan jou armoede, daar is heelwat om oor te kwyl.
Nog nooit so baie girls en anties in 'n bike shop gesien nie. Kry so lekker warm Mall gevoel.

Maar dis mooi. Alles goed deurdink en genoeg spasie vir elke ding.
Die rede waarom ek egter daar wou draai is was maar om die oranje monster in lewende lywe te sien.

Ek was nie teleurgesteld nie.  :drif:

Dan sien ek Freek is welbemind in die manne se geselskap met 'n paar van sy pragstukke ten toon.

Overall 'n lekker Oppikoffie met heelwat eye-candy.   :snorting: :ricky:

Offline Mayhem

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Do it in the dirt
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2014, 08:20:07 pm »
Hi guy's
I am one of the fortunate ones to be working for Donfords Cape Town, and I can tell you that they have spared no expense with regard to the workshop, only the best equipment and the latest software for the diagnostics bay's. There are at present only 3 technicians(no appies yet) in the workshop but more will be added when the appropriate people are found.
There have been about 40-50 new bikes un-crated and assembled and already after 2 days of trading 5 or 6 bikes handed over to there new owners. There are another 10 or so ready to go that already have homes. I think it is great to have such an up market dealership in our area and it shows how well the motorcycle market is doing which means more bikes on the road which hopefully means less cages on the road.
BMW 1150 Adventure (gone)
BMW HP 2 (gone)
Ducati 500 Pantah (gone)
1200 LC Trophy Edition (gone)
BMW R 1200 Rallye, Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Offline katana

• I may be cheap, but I am not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Born again 1/7/2020
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2014, 08:42:26 pm »
First mistake spotted.  No bike parking in front.  I hope the council will come to the party.
If you want to haul ass, you gotta mix gas.

Offline Freak

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2014, 07:39:43 am »
Katana.. Gaan kyk self. Daar is parking
Italjet - still have
YZ 80 - sold
Suzuki TS - 50 - broken
2x YZ 250cc - sold
Kawa KDX 200 - sold ZX - 6R - sold Suzuki GSXR 1000 K4- broken and in the bin Suzuki GSXR 1000 K5 - sold BMW GS 1150 - sold KTM 950 adventure S - sold Currently:  '79 BMW Bobber '63 BMW R50/2 '62 BMW R60/2 with sidecar '54 BMW R26/2 ... Still in kit form '74 BMW R75/6 custom .. In progress '82 BMW R80 G/S

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33°54.712 E018°28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2014, 08:25:20 pm »
First mistake spotted.  No bike parking in front.  I hope the council will come to the party.
That was a concern of mine, too, and since I travel right past Donfords to my store 6 days a week, I watched with interest to see how they'd overcome this apparent hurdle over the last coup,e of months.

Seems the staff get there real early, and set out orange cones, and maybe a couple of bikes, and 'defend' the existing parking spaces from all-day cage parking, making room for bikes, etc.

But there must be 80-100 bays for cars (public paid parking) in the MIDDLE of Buitengracht street.

Remains only to be seen if the council re-allocates the existing bays in front, like many business alongside that have dropped kerbs, etc.

But that workshop is something else!
Cheers
Chris
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:35:19 pm by zebra - Flying Brick »
bike@flyingbrick.co.za CHRISTOPER L 021 510 6455  service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455
sales@flyingbrick.co.za ANDRE 021 510 6455
orders@flyingbrick.co.za WERNER 021 510 6455
info@flyingbrick.co.za CHRIS G

Offline katana

• I may be cheap, but I am not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Born again 1/7/2020
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2014, 08:57:17 pm »
Katana.. Gaan kyk self. Daar is parking
As ek muffin lus het sal ek gaan draai  ;)
If you want to haul ass, you gotta mix gas.