Ural EFI's are here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humfree

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Ural (all models)
Hi All, the 2014 Ural EFI (electronic fuel injection) models have arrived. We assembled one as soon as the crates arrived at the shop and had a good look at the new setup. I am still running it in but here are my impressions so far. There are many more changes than just the EFI so I will tell you about them one by one and my impressions.

EFI - the EFI is awesome and there is much more torque than on the carbureted models. The power starts from very low down and is delivered in a way that you can use it optimally. The engine reaches it's peak performance sooner and this makes for better hill climbing too.

Steering damper - Hydraulic now for the first time and it is truly fantastic and makes the rig easier to ride for newbies and experienced riders alike

Disc brakes - Yes now with disc brakes all the way round and man is it nice to have serious braking and I mean really serious braking - when one considers that your rig with passenger (monkey) and luggage can weigh more than 600kg quite easily, braking is really important. A little tricky to set up initially but we have it down pat

Handbrake - new configuration and much easier to operate and find and very effective as it engages the new back hydraulic brake

Air box - completely revised air box with a much higher air intake which obviously make us extremely happy as we can now  cross deeper rivers and streams...

Various other things - the dash is different with a fuel low indicator as well as an engine management light, there are reflectors stuck everywhere on the sides of the rig which I do not like, new tank pads with the Ural logo which I do like, new URAL logo on the tank also a like from me.

Still 100% Ural although a little more electronic, EFI has proven itself as very reliable...

Now for some pic's

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 817
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 817
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 812
  • 09.jpg