Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Thumpers; a triple and 3 midlife crises men through SA and Lesotho/China ...  (Read 7088 times)

Offline XRRX

Day 11 - final...

Me and BB left our friends farm early. while they took Skolla and his bike WITH ONE ROLLING WHEEL back to George by Landcruiser and trailer...  :lamer:
We had a nice and chilly ride back from Willowmore to Klaarstroom and De Rust... a Poor over-priced breakfast at the "chicken" in De Rust  :xxbah: , and then a last high speed gravel ride via Dysseldorp and Montagu Pass to George....  :3some:

THANKS GUYS - TILL NEXT TIME !!!  :biggrin: :snorting:

Offline GIDEON

• Born in the year of the Tiger
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • Bikes est dans mon sang
Nee dit lyk awesome.

Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.

Offline Knucklhead

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • aka: Mooseknuckle/ knucky/knuckles/philistine
Laka stuff

Offline cruizaman

And so the time has arrived to write the last chapter in this little ride report...
The question has been asked many times on this forum why so few ride reports and so much talking sh%t...?The answer is "vultures" and "clicks -mafia - snobs" ....
It takes time (EVEN MONEY) and a lot of effort to write a reasonable ride report - and often it's a pain and sometimes even dangerous to try and take representative pictures of a trip - yet you get hundreds op people that takes it for granted - check out your pics etc. - but cannot take 5sec's to click reply and a "thumbs up' or just a "middle finger"...  ::)
SO, TO THE MERE DOZEN OR SO PEOPLE THAT DID SAY SOMETHING - THANKS FOR YOUR HONESTY AND SPORTSMANSHIP - MUCH OBLIGED!!!  :thumleft: :thumleft:
To the rest - GO FIGURE, or just buy a magazine for R30+ next time and read the same sponsored person's stories over and over again .... ::)

Ek het jou RR baie geniet! Gewoonlik antwoord ek nie op `n RR nie, want wat kan ek nou bydra behalwe om te se dat ek dit geniet het? Wil jy 100'e 'thumbs-up' op jou RR he sonder enige meningvolle bydraes? Ek dink hierdie post van jou was bietjie onnodig en doen afbreuk aan `n fantastiese trip en goeie inligting wat hierin verskaf is.

My 2c  :pot:

Offline XRRX

And so the time has arrived to write the last chapter in this little ride report...
The question has been asked many times on this forum why so few ride reports and so much talking sh%t...?The answer is "vultures" and "clicks -mafia - snobs" ....
It takes time (EVEN MONEY) and a lot of effort to write a reasonable ride report - and often it's a pain and sometimes even dangerous to try and take representative pictures of a trip - yet you get hundreds op people that takes it for granted - check out your pics etc. - but cannot take 5sec's to click reply and a "thumbs up' or just a "middle finger"...  ::)
SO, TO THE MERE DOZEN OR SO PEOPLE THAT DID SAY SOMETHING - THANKS FOR YOUR HONESTY AND SPORTSMANSHIP - MUCH OBLIGED!!!  :thumleft: :thumleft:
To the rest - GO FIGURE, or just buy a magazine for R30+ next time and read the same sponsored person's stories over and over again .... ::)

Ek het jou RR baie geniet! Gewoonlik antwoord ek nie op `n RR nie, want wat kan ek nou bydra behalwe om te se dat ek dit geniet het? Wil jy 100'e 'thumbs-up' op jou RR he sonder enige meningvolle bydraes? Ek dink hierdie post van jou was bietjie onnodig en doen afbreuk aan `n fantastiese trip en goeie inligting wat hierin verskaf is.

My 2c  :pot:

Yes Cruizaman - you're right !!! a Few bad days in the office after a pukka bike trip is sometimes bad for one's judgement...  :-[  No offence meant or taken !!  :thumleft:

Offline Rokie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
It takes time (EVEN MONEY) and a lot of effort to write a reasonable ride report - and often it's a pain and sometimes even dangerous to try and take representative pictures of a trip - yet you get hundreds op people that takes it for granted - check out your pics etc. - but cannot take 5sec's to click reply and a "thumbs up' or just a "middle finger"...  ::)
SO, TO THE MERE DOZEN OR SO PEOPLE THAT DID SAY SOMETHING - THANKS FOR YOUR HONESTY AND SPORTSMANSHIP - MUCH OBLIGED!!!  :thumleft: :thumleft:

My 2c  :pot:

Yes Cruizaman - you're right !!! a Few bad days in the office after a pukka bike trip is sometimes bad for one's judgement...  :-[  No offence meant or taken !!  :thumleft:

My 2c:
a. well done cruizman and XRRX for saying it straight without getting nasty and then for agreeing afterward
b. writing a Ride Report is a serious mission - i normally try to write one when I do a ride - often selfishly (I must admit) because it is nice to brag with a lekker ride, but also because it is often part of the therapy: plan, execute, report
c. I like getting positive responses for my RR's but I certainly read LOTS more RR's than what I comment on. It does show a bit of a character flaw, I suppose, but so what! I think I may be mature (read: old) enough not to be a complete twat-waffle, but young enough (aren't we all) to have a couple of "not-yet-perfect" traits . . .

Thanks for the RR!
Thanks for the WD forum where we can talk this kind of talk!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:40:40 pm by Rokie »
Previously owned:
3 x Suzuki DR 600 (1986-ish model)
2 x Honda XR 200 (1985-ish model)

Offline badseed

• Ride the adventure
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • KTM 990S, KTM690R , Vespa 200GT
    • www.wildwood.capetown
XR dude get a life. You ride for your own enjoyment and document the ride for you and your mates to look back on, to show your significant others what you get up to , and if you feel the need to show others what a good time you had. It's for you dude , and if no one else gives a shit well so what. I ride often, to amazing places , but seldom find a need to take photos or write reports , because it's all stored in my head.  I read your report, like I read so many others and unless I read or see something special I don't post or thumbs up.
Owner WildWood Motorcycle Tours South Africa

Offline badseed

• Ride the adventure
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • KTM 990S, KTM690R , Vespa 200GT
    • www.wildwood.capetown
Sometimes we must just accept that although we get back home amped after a good trip, don't expect everybody to get excited by us middle aged men getting our jollies on bikes in the middle of fuckall .
Owner WildWood Motorcycle Tours South Africa

Offline XRRX

It takes time (EVEN MONEY) and a lot of effort to write a reasonable ride report - and often it's a pain and sometimes even dangerous to try and take representative pictures of a trip - yet you get hundreds op people that takes it for granted - check out your pics etc. - but cannot take 5sec's to click reply and a "thumbs up' or just a "middle finger"...  ::)
SO, TO THE MERE DOZEN OR SO PEOPLE THAT DID SAY SOMETHING - THANKS FOR YOUR HONESTY AND SPORTSMANSHIP - MUCH OBLIGED!!!  :thumleft: :thumleft:

My 2c  :pot:

Yes Cruizaman - you're right !!! a Few bad days in the office after a pukka bike trip is sometimes bad for one's judgement...  :-[  No offence meant or taken !!  :thumleft:

My 2c:
a. well done cruizman and XRRX for saying it straight without getting nasty and then for agreeing afterward
b. writing a Ride Report is a serious mission - i normally try to write one when I do a ride - often selfishly (I must admit) because it is nice to brag with a lekker ride, but also because it is often part of the therapy: plan, execute, report
c. I like getting positive responses for my RR's but I certainly read LOTS more RR's than what I comment on. It does show a bit of a character flaw, I suppose, but so what! I think I may be mature (read: old) enough not to be a complete twat-waffle, but young enough (aren't we all) to have a couple of "not-yet-perfect" traits . . .

Thanks for the RR!
Thanks for the WD forum where we can talk this kind of talk!

Great response - thanks Rokie!!  8)