sillystunt; suspension bridge & extreme skills challenge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillystunt

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar

out of 130 riders only 8 wanted to try and ride over the suspension bridge that techanical thomas had devised for the xtreme skills challenge.
i was real nervous,after a six month lay off ,all i wanted to do was find out if i could get back in the saddle and be as courageous [silly ?] as i always have been.
i was so nervous that i was feeling sick,i had no idea that my injury would effect me in this way,i now knew that i could be broken and worse still is that i am still not fully functional in my right hand.
my wife sillyb was in a state,she knew that i had to try it but really didnt want me to step up to the plate.
you see the problem was that no- one had ridden ovcer with a bike before,they had set the skills challengeup without knowing if it could be done!!
everyone was milling around,it was hard enough to walk over let alone go over with the bike.
i could see that even the top gs riders were not voluntering,i spoke to jan from country trax,he would go if there was no one about he said!
i dug deep,sacked up and put my helmet on,this time a small pisspot,i didnt want to swim in the sabie with a heavy fullface.
the entrance to the first uneven log/plank was shitty,too late to turn back now.
i did it,!i was the first and no one could take it away from me,i found out that the bridge crossing was the easy part........
are the challenges getting to extreme for the likes of my old dakar? and what of the telelever bikes? no ways they could handle the huge log obstacles........full report soon.
to all the guys who supported me,thanks very much.but as i told you all...... coming second is like kissing your sister.
what crap is that anyway,giving me a 50 point handicap for being on an old dakar,the handicap should go to the hp2 that beat me[sillyb thinks so anyway] i take nothing from the winner,he is a good sport and a great rider,next time maybe.

Attachments

• IMG_0628.JPG
    IMG_0628.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 372