Lambertsbaai Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grondpad

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Friday night around the fire at my house, we diced it was time the boys pack their stuff and hit the road!

We left Parklands at 7:00am the Saturday to Lambertsbaai! I love the road to the west coast in the morning, The smell of the ocean is amazing, if not for that the road would be pretty boring.

The weather were perfect, no wind and no rain !!, 1st stop were Langebaan for a lekker breakfast and coffee at Ziezies!

Veldrif

Elandsbaai.

Got to Lambertsbaai, and visited the Hotel for a couple of beers. The campsite in Lambertsbaai were home for the night. It?s not a 5 star resort, but hey I am a adventurer and I sleep were I can pitch my tent and light my fire! Camp were up and off we go to get some ?Rooi Goud?

We bought some crays after a long price discusion!! The locals will quibble for days about a couple of cents! Off to the shop to get some butter and garlic for 2nights braai. To round the meal off we had some lekker koffie op die vuur!!

We had a good night?s sleep, make a lekker fire and brew some coffee and left about 8:00 am the Sunday morning.
Unfortanitly we encountered a teribble wind storm just before Citrusdal. The wind were blowing from all directions. We were figting ?Princess wind? like 2 brave solders in a nuclear war!! We had no choice but to abandon the gravel and head for tar! This is were the k@k started!! We were flung from side to side and to make thing worse is that the cars were overtaking us, and we look like ?2 poep dronk manne? We were all over the road. You go around a bend in your lane, but get dragged by the wind to the oncoming traffic?s emergency lane!!

I once saw this ?chat? about riding in wind, apparently you should place your knee in the direction of the wind!! (m.a.w. ry so bakbeen in die wind) So there I am holding on for dear life, and I remember the knee thingy!! I almost lost my bloody leg that day! m.a.w. don?t try the knee thing in a hurricane?.

Check out this link, for the full article!!
https://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20060502011019677C878785

We were driving in bloody, 80 kph winds!!!! :shock: I commute with my bike everyday, and I thought I am the wind master, dit was @#%^$% rof !!!!!

Next trip will be to Sutherland and Hondeklipbaai!!