Taking the duallies to the track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gryshond

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
We are going to ride around Red Star on 1 August 2014, this is not a Wilddog event or even dual sport only, it is an open day at Red Star but there will be lots of space in the C and D classes to go and feel out your dual scoot. I think anyone who has gone before can confirm that not only is this a lot of fun, but also a good way to find out what your bike can do and how it reacts on the limit. This will stand you in good stead when you land in trouble on tar between dirt roads.

It is also fun to watch and of course there is food and drink available as well.

The cost is R460 for the whole day and you will ride at least 6 X 30min sessions which trust me is a lot. If you can only make half the day the cost is R310.
Important is that you bike will need to pass inspection which means your brakes, tyres etc. will need to be in order else they will not allow you on track.

I think entrance is R50 per person for spectators and of course there is a great dirt route from close to Que Sera all the way to Red Star.

Note that this is a Friday and not a public holiday, so you may need to take leave or at least take the afternoon off.

https://www.redstarraceway.co.za/Home/tabid/230/Default.aspx