Wife and I had a fall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divot

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
We went out with the Triumph guys to Eilandsbay for a night out. All is good, had a brilliant ride there in all the different weather conditions rain, sunshine and wind. The night at the hotel was enjoyed in true style and we then decided to make our way back to Velddrift via the train service roads (THE NEXT DAY). This was great, the first section was wet but fun almost to the point of been boring as the road was so good getting to speeds of up 130km with my wife as pillion. We crossed over to do the third section of the service road and the road conditions changed it become like a clay pit.
I took it very slow as I was getting used to the slippery conditions with two up ( never done it with a pillion). I was getting to grips with the various conditions and started to have fun sliding and then catching it( I was having fun my wife shitting herself). Then it all came apart I lost the back and wife leaning one side and me trying to recover by counter steering and on the gravel/clay we were off.

Two helmets need to be replaced one bent steering handle bar very bent clutch lever, broken wind shield and a dent in the fuel tank. Two very battered and bruised bodies. Luckily no broken bones I feel if I was wearing my neck brace I would have a broken collar bone with the impact I hit the road with. My wife was very shaken up and I was very cautious for the rest of the trip back to Velddrift still needing to do 15kms or so. My wife decided that she should walk through the puddles so that she could get her nerve back. that was very clever on her part and it worked to get her nerve to climb back on the bike and we then limped into Velddrift and then composed our self for the trip back to Cape Town.

I watched the Go Pro footage and can see the pain all over again.

I asked her if she would go on gravel again her response was hell yes just not on snotty roads, I agree not two up again.

very proud of my wife.