My welcome to the EC!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firecoast

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Long overdue, but here goes...

Just before I moved to 'the sticks' I saw the Planning a Ride for the Slumdog Bash in Winterberg and mentioned to Throttle 'ooooh this might be fun'.

I didn't know the area (still don't HAHA) and it would be a week into my new job, so he was in charge of the route. Now, for the most part I have been doing solo trips and I usually take the easy option for safety reasons, etc, etc. So, he plans the route from home to Winterberg via Katberg Pass. I am like no problem, BUT THEN I see the posts of others that have ridden there and start freaking out over the technicality of it all. I have just given myself the all clear for riding after my shoulder operation.  :biggrin: He assures me it is piss-ass easy! I am sceptical!  :lol8:

Broom and The Mistress are packed and ready to ride, so we set off the Saturday morning fairly early and make our way to Baddaford Farmstall. We are there before others, bar one couple (can't remember their names... sowwee). The rest trickle in as we sort out breakfast.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 571
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 573