Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Donor organs for a Husky  (Read 2286 times)

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Donor organs for a Husky
« on: July 22, 2014, 09:38:31 pm »
So the 'good ' news is that my TE610 was spared total incineration along with 5 other scoots in my garage ... happened to be in a make shift wokshop in our guest flat. Bad news is that the tank, seat and plastics were off the bike and went up in flames in the garage!   :-\ Anyone have or know of these parts for sale or as doner organs please shout.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:40:03 pm by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Scrat

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
Re: Donor organs for a Husky
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:44:53 pm »
Hey

hectic man!! will have a look if i have something to spare in my build from SM610 to Rallly 610  :pot:

Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!!

Offline adv

• <INSERT CUSTOM TITLE HERE>
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Wheelie Everything.
    • Clutch Up
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:03:03 am »
So the 'good ' news is that my TE610 was spared total incineration along with 5 other scoots in my garage ... happened to be in a make shift wokshop in our guest flat. Bad news is that the tank, seat and plastics were off the bike and went up in flames in the garage!   :-\ Anyone have or know of these parts for sale or as doner organs please shout.

My ex SM610 was crashed hard the otherday. Forks were bent and wheel was broken. The bike was written off. Perhaps you could buy it from the insurance?

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 05:05:11 am »

Let me have a look Dom -

Have a seat from a SM -- tank I have but not a EFI model unfortunately Will get back to you --
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Online Xpat

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 06:50:48 am »
Sorry to hear about the fire BD, glad nobody got hurt.

I have tank (EFI) and front plastics from 630 - would they fit?

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 08:58:18 am »
Guys you are stars! Xpat I will find out about possible fit. Adv please find out from insurance who bike is going to for salvage. Blazes - I think SM seat may be same? If at least base is the same I can get a Seat Concepts top maybe.  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:39:18 am by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 09:52:29 am »
Guys you are stars! Xpat I will find out about possible fit. Adv please find out from insurance who bike is going to for salvage. Blazes - I think SM seat may be same? Ir at keast base andccan get a Seat Concepts top maybe.  :thumleft:

SM seat is the same one as the TE ---
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 11:20:32 am »
Hi Dom

As you know my normal tank and the red plastic tank flap thingy's are not currently in use.  I do want then if I ever want to take the long range tank off, but if you need to you can borrow them if you like.

You will need a fuel pump though (I have a spare plate thingy that the fuel pump fits into as well.

If that's any help.

Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Online Xpat

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 11:27:30 am »
Alan, do you by any chance know if the 610 and 630 EFI tanks are the same? I know that the Safari EFI tanks are the same.

If so I can just donate mine to BD as it just sits in my garage unused. But its also without the fuel pump - I'm using that one in Safari. So BD you would need to somehow sort that one out (pump itself is easy, you can buy it in Midas - the assembly may be a bit of mission).

Offline Amsterdam

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 01:27:28 pm »
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 1190 Adventure

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:43:27 pm by BiG DoM »

Offline adv

• <INSERT CUSTOM TITLE HERE>
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Wheelie Everything.
    • Clutch Up
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 04:14:36 pm »
Thats the crashed bike I spoke of.

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 04:54:01 pm »
Alan, do you by any chance know if the 610 and 630 EFI tanks are the same? I know that the Safari EFI tanks are the same.

If so I can just donate mine to BD as it just sits in my garage unused. But its also without the fuel pump - I'm using that one in Safari. So BD you would need to somehow sort that one out (pump itself is easy, you can buy it in Midas - the assembly may be a bit of mission).

The tanks are not the same as far as I know. But the safari tank fits both bikes so they can't be that different. From what I can see on my safari tank, the EDI plate on 630 is round and is situated near the top of the tank while the 610's is oval and is at the bottom of the tank. That might be the only material difference?
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 04:57:11 pm »

The tanks are not the same as far as I know. But the safari tank fits both bikes so they can't be that different. From what I can see on my safari tank, the EDI plate on 630 is round and is situated near the top of the tank while the 610's is oval and is at the bottom of the tank. That might be the only material difference?

Thanks Alan - At this stage I am going to take XPats and see if I can make it work.

Offline Scrat

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 10:58:00 am »
Hey - i have a 2006 SM610 tank for you - Black one. :thumleft:
Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!!

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 11:14:09 am »
Hey - i have a 2006 SM610 tank for you - Black one. :thumleft:

It wont work the 2006 Husky was a carb model. Doms bike is a efi model pump inside the tank  ;)
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 02:18:58 pm »
Chris has your goods Dom --Hope you come right --M
Current Scooters --

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 02:54:33 pm »
Chris has your goods Dom --Hope you come right --M

Many thanks brother  :thumleft:

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 08:05:10 pm »
I would like to publicly give a BIG thank you to XPat and Blazes for coming to my rescue with a tank and plastic covers and seat. Also thanks to Chris/Transporter for transporting them to me and Manic for organising them virtually to my doorstep from PE. I am left speechless at times with the incredible goodwill and generosity displayed by the pack of Wild Dogs  :3some:  :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

PS: For reference the 630 tank fits the 610 perfectly but will require a new (and different) fuel pump. I have found one in Italy off e-bay at a very reasonable price ... considering a new one was quoted at R12K!!!  :eek7:  Hope to be back on two wheels soon  :ricky:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 08:06:39 pm by BiG DoM »

Offline sidetrack

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 08:10:01 pm »
I would like to publicly give a BIG thank you to XPat and Blazes for coming to my rescue with a tank and plastic covers and seat. Also thanks to Chris/Transporter for transporting them to me and Manic for organising them virtually to my doorstep from PE. I am left speechless at times with the incredible goodwill and generosity displayed by the pack of Wild Dogs  :3some:  :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

PS: For reference the 630 tank fits the 610 perfectly but will require a new (and different) fuel pump. I have found one in Italy off e-bay at a very reasonable price ... considering a new one was quoted at R12K!!!  :eek7:  Hope to be back on two wheels soon  :ricky:
:thumleft:
Post some pics when done
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north