A new DR owner , and a few questions if I may.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copius

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Hey guys,

New Guy here on your wonderfull forum.
I belong to few other forums and was told of this Adventure forum by a mate. (Thanx 000OMS!)

I was in the market for a bike to replace my car that I drive to work and back.
Taking into consideration that I live 40km out of town and of that 40km, 10km is a awfull "sinkplaat tande trekker" grondpad.
I looked for something that wil be save on our national roads (thus a 600cc +  ;D) aswell as something that will be cheap to maintain and that will be able to do many miles.

I was brought up on a 500 XT Thumper, and looked for a Yami but could'nt find anything that suited my criteria.
Then out of the blue a colleague of mine said he wants to sell his black 2011 DR with 3500km on the clock for a steal!!

I jumped on it and now its in my garage, and I look at it ever so often.  :biggrin:
Still waiting to get it registered in my name and then its the 100km to work and back on a daily basis.

Now I have two questions,

- I will need better lighting. In the morning (also some late nights) its still dark and with pedestrains "under the influence" aswell as animals on the gravel road I need to be able to see a wider spectrum. Any ideas?

- Secondly the DR is very soft?? So soft that you underestimate the power and torque of the DR.
Will other motorists be able to here you in traffic??

Thanx a bunch guys!