Cancer.Vive Outride to Gouda. Summary of the weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightwind

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY PICTURES OF SKAAPKOPPE!! NO; THE REAL THING. NOT THOSE THAT JUST BEHAVE LIKE THEM! THIS TREAD HAS PICTURES OF SKAAPKOPPE AND PEOPLE EATING THEM!!

Hi to everyone. Dogs and Dogs to be.
WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!
I am blown away by so many things that happened. It was a life changing event for a number of us, myself in front of the queue.
This is a summary of MY experience of the weekend and I will try not to bore you, but I feel I MUST share it with all of you!
But first; a HUGE thank you to everyone that supported the Cancer.Vive weekend in one of the many formats that was offered. It was good to meet you (I tried to meet you all in person).
Most of all; Huge, Massive, enlarged, supersized, BMW1200GSA sized thanks to Lukas (Lord Knormoer) who arranged everything, Loedolf (Vaalbaas) and his wife for the venue and hospitality and hard work, and then to Wadeedah and her husband (Management member from Cancer.Vive) who played an equally important role in the arrangements.

Short background:
on 6 July 2014 I arranged an outride to Deneysville for Cancer.Vive. It was a fantastic day and Lord Knormoer called me, indicating that he would like to be here but it is too far. IWe chatted and decided he will do a similar outride down there. The rest is history. He took the idea and multiplied it by 6! I was not supposed to be involved down there, but between LK and Vaalbaas they turned my arm and I flew down on Saturday morning only. So I will reflect only what I was involved in. Obviously there was so obsticles for me to go down, but one by one they were sorted out FOR me by Lukas.

Saturday monrning 09:30 I landed and Fanie was there to meet me. Took me through to BMW in Stellenbosch. There Philip arranged a 1200 GS LC for me for the weekend!

Attachments

• 20140726_121552.jpg
    20140726_121552.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 869