Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: check out sanral's new "maths"  (Read 920 times)

Offline toucan

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
check out sanral's new "maths"
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:41:16 pm »
there is an ad on the radio from the douche bags that we should have a 3 second following distance.
by my maths that is 1200 cars per hour (1 car every 3 seconds = 20 cars per minute = 1200 cars per hour)
on their glorious document justifying the upgrades they claim that between allandale and buccleuch the volumes were 13000 per hour in peak traffic (http://www.sanews.gov.za/south-africa/sanral-welcomes-passing-transport-amendment-bill). for 5 lanes of smooth flowing traffic there will be 2600 cars per hour.  ??? the following distance is then 1.4 seconds.

please check my maths because it was enhanced by red wine.
i'm not a complete idiot. some parts are missing.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Re: check out sanral's new "maths"
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 08:51:46 pm »
 :lol8: :lol8: your wine fermented maths seems spot on!  :thumleft:

but who gives a continental fuck what sanral says? They can't even convince the majority to pay for something we are already paying for - fukkem! and all their advice! oh, and their masters, the ANC as well

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 08:15:01 am »
Their math is not 100% correct.

Your math for one point is correct yes, at one poin on the highway only 2600 cards can pass per hour. I think they also taking distance into account for the backlog of cars between these 2 points.

Also the speed of the traffic willhave an impact only how long it takes for those 3 seconds.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:57:01 am »
Their math is not 100% correct.

Your math for one point is correct yes, at one poin on the highway only 2600 cards can pass per hour. I think they also taking distance into account for the backlog of cars between these 2 points.

Also the speed of the traffic willhave an impact only how long it takes for those 3 seconds.

if they travel faster than the speed of light?  ;) ;D