I take my hat off to BMW and Donford Stellenbosch!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Some of you guys know, some dont, but about two months ago I had a very unfortunate incident with my GSA 1200 side shaft on the road after descending the Ouberg Pass.

Bike came home on a backup trailer ( luckily there was one ! ) and was delivered straight to Donford Stellenbosch. Thats where i bought the bike new in January 2013.

Now i dont want to go into details as i most certainly dont want to create a GSA 1200 scare with this post.( if there is one person that should be worrying its me, but trust me, im not ) This is not the reason why i put this article on the forum.

The reason why im writing this, is to thank Donford BMW Stellenbosch and BMW SA for the outstanding service i received, from the moment they received the bike untill i got it back last Friday.

Here i want to especially mention  Eugene Croekamp , the workshop manager, at Donford. Eugene, thanks for OUSTANDING service, keeping me up to date on a regular basis, all the feedbacks and care. You are one of the best in your field and Donford are blessed to have somebody of your calibre on board.

I had a longish wait for my bike, but all worth it. BMW took exceptional interest in the failure, parts were sent up to JHB and from there to Germany. Not once did anybody question me, I had no fight to put up to get it fixed, and there was no hesitance in the fixing process from BMW.

All parts were replaced brand new under warranty, and i received my bike on friday and tested it the weekend on BMW,s annual Sutherland trip. So far so good, as there were no problems whatsoever and i am one very happy customer.

Donford even delivered a similar bike to my doorstep at no cost to ride with while i waited for mine!

This is why I ride BMW's, and this will never change. What i experienced was beyond expectations. Thanks also to the mechanic , Dominique, who  worked on the GSA with so much love and care, as well as Chris with final checks etc.

As a final word....guys, keep your bikes serviced, ride them with respect and care, and most importantly dont badmouth a product in advance just because something bad has happened to you. It will always work in your favour.

Thanks BMW! Thanks DONFORD! What a brand! What a dealership!