Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha tricity  (Read 1769 times)

Offline gunsports

Re: Yamaha tricity
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 10:05:33 am »
This may come as a huge surprise to many of you: There are way more scooters on our roads than conventional motor cycles. And guess what? This trend is set to continue. In European countries; with restrictive city laws; scoots are even more in vogue. After all, if you need to commute; why not a scoot?

Even the American city dwellers are turning away from 'big' bikes for commuting; keeping the brutes for weekend out rides; whether tar or gravel. Even the holy grail of ADV sites: ADVrider; has a scoot section and if you look at the signatures of many of the big bike owners; you'll find a scoot in the garage.

Times are a'changing. get with the program ...

As to this site; Your advertisers are missing a huge volume of consumers of helmets, clothing and accessories by this site not catering for scoots. After all; scoot owners take as much pride in their scoots as you do with your 'big' bike.

I'd be riding a scoot for commuting - if me and my big arse did not look so bloody ridiculous on a scoot. Imagine a hippo on a bicycle ....

Offline JMG

• Bike: Honda XR650L
  • Miss my orange bike!
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 12:00:54 am »
Now this I agree with! Not that it's a scoot but the principle stays the same, I commute on my XR 4 days  a week and Katie once. Bikes in our office parking started with on very ugly and under loved GS  then my XR now added to the mix is one super bike and 7 scooters almost all bigboy revivals except for one butch looking gomoto with a mini version of a tw back wheel.
Honda XR 650L, Royal Enfield 500 classic, TVS APACHE 180, Ktm 640 adventure R, Yamaha XT250.

Offline Bells

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 12:57:35 am »
Ek dink dis lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk