Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Seriously pissed off !  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
Re: Seriously pissed off !
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:15 pm »
Had there been some savvy vendors on that thread, you may have had quite a few deals by now, but instead it was more important to get rid of you.... go figure!

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Are you for real?

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline Barry H

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 09:36:26 pm »
StuartC I'm sure some of the vendors complained because they feel threatened by your post as they know they are overcharges us. Crash bars @ R1800 where material & labour will cost under R300; as per a friend of mine who made his own. Think also because you said you're sure you can make many products for cheaper the vendors/shop owners complained & that's why your post was deleted. Pay the fenders fee & start manufacturing you will get orders!!
Voor op die wapad brand 'n lig. Love life!!

Offline Kuifie

• Brandslang Koning
  • Race Dog
  • Ek Laaik Ry
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 09:38:28 pm »
 :deal:
"If the left side of your brain control the right side of your body, only left handed people are in the right mind"

Offline StuartC

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 09:38:41 pm »
I'm just seriously hacked off, there was quite a bit of info on that thread as to what people could possibly be looking for, but the problem comes when dealers dont get a slice they get hacked off

Ask the mod to pm you the info. The thread is likely just hidden.
Hell no, the stroke of a key chased away possible advertising revenue, will just ask the same question on Meerkat on FB.
Life is too short to ride a Honda

Offline StuartC

• Race Dog
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 09:41:39 pm »
Barry, the problem that I picked up is that if someone has a different bike that they can't get stuff for they get reamed through the O for anything custom, that's if they can get someone to bother to make it.

Offline ahlbebuck

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • G450X, CRF450R, XR200R
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 09:42:33 pm »
Had there been some savvy vendors on that thread, you may have had quite a few deals by now, but instead it was more important to get rid of you.... go figure!

Are you for real?

See the post after yours. I don't seem to be the only unreal one...
If you can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 09:48:32 pm »

Are you for real?

See the post after yours. I don't seem to be the only unreal one...

No vendor complained

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline frans1

• Race Dog
  • Lewe elke dag voluit!
Re: Re: Re: Seriously pissed off !
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 09:48:48 pm »
StuartC:I have to say I did not get the impression you were trying to sell anything but rather get opinion on whether there was a potential market for such.That was my interpretation anyway.
+1
BMW 1200GSA (What a Machine!!!)
BMW R100RS (Busy with the repairs)
BMW 1200GS (Love the bike)
WR 450 Yamaha (Sold)
Yamaha 500 XT (Sold) Yamaha 175 DT (Sold) Honda 90 cc (Gave it away)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 10:32:32 pm »
Stuart, the moment you asked how many on the forum would be interested in your manufactured panniers, you started a possible business venture.

What if many were very interested? Surely then you would have started taking orders?

You cannot just spray-paint your own ad onto a huge roadside advertising billboard. :imaposer:

Offline StuartC

• Race Dog
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2014, 10:43:47 pm »
Stuart, the moment you asked how many on the forum would be interested in your manufactured panniers, you started a possible business venture.

What if many were very interested? Surely then you would have started taking orders?

You cannot just spray-paint your own ad onto a huge roadside advertising billboard. :imaposer:

Seriously?? I have not designed one, not made one just asked a question if the dog's think it would be viable,  what if you saw a hot chick walk past and thought WOW,, I could do that,, can they charge you for contemplating rape or can your wife divorce you for a possible affair? Seriously bud,,, are you suggesting that I pay a grand or three to ask a fucking question??  I don't know, maybe I got off the space ship on the wrong planet !

Online Straatkat

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 10:48:05 pm »
Stuart, it is a fine line. What you were doing was market research (for a possible business venture)
So it was a bit of a grey area, learn from it and move on.
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline MDT

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2014, 10:51:50 pm »

Seriously?? I have not designed one, not made one just asked a question if the dog's think it would be viable,  what if you saw a hot chick walk past and thought WOW,, I could do that,, can they charge you for contemplating rape or can your wife divorce you for a possible affair? Seriously bud,,, are you suggesting that I pay a grand or three to ask a fucking question??  I don't know, maybe I got off the space ship on the wrong planet !

Two good opinions. Who the correct one is , i would say is Dan due to the fact that the people in charge has decided you did this unfairly. Doesn't matter what you say whats done is done.

As far as i know its frowned upon to openly question a mods decision and should be done via PM

Offline StuartC

• Race Dog
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2014, 11:05:20 pm »
Stuart, it is a fine line. What you were doing was market research (for a possible business venture)
So it was a bit of a grey area, learn from it and move on?  learn and move on? I have been in business for 20+ years I'm pretty sure I have the concept of a business venture down and am pretty ofe with how advertising and right's to use a forum correctly work, there was no grey area here, I asked a question did not try to solicite orders all I asked for was views, just one question, did you read the thread? because those who did certainly don't think I was advertising!

Offline Lord Knormoer

• Knight Kevlar: Order of the Alu Pannier
  • Race Dog
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2014, 11:08:03 pm »
I'm just seriously hacked off, there was quite a bit of info on that thread as to what people could possibly be looking for, but the problem comes when dealers dont get a slice they get hacked off

Ask the mod to pm you the info. The thread is likely just hidden.
Hell no, the stroke of a key chased away possible advertising revenue, will just ask the same question on Meerkat on FB.

800 meerkatte vs 15000 wilddogs?

I know which platform I would choose.

Online Sommer Ek

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 11:11:51 pm »
Stuart,

Ek kan jou verseker dat ten minset 50% van die lede wel belang stel, maar hulle stel slegs belang indien die volgende baie goed vergelyk met dit wat tans op die mark beskikbaar is.
-- Prys: Indien dit nie goedkoper is nie, het jy aanvanklik nie 'n mark nie.
-- Kwaliteit: Dit moet ten minste op dieselfde standaard wees.
-- Prakties: Indien dit prakties meer bied kan dit help.
-- Stylvol: 'n Man sit nie iets op sy fiets wat nie pas nie.
-- Volhoubaarheid: Indien iets oor drie jaar sou breek wil ek dit kan vervang sonder om 'n ander stel te koop.
-- Waarborg; Dit spreek van self.
-- Goeie diens. Ek koop vandag my fiets en wil dit môre as deel van die pakket koop, of ek gaan hierdie naweek toer, of ek is besig met 'n toer en iets breek. Dan wil niemand 'n week of maand wag nie.

Daar is min persone wat iets in die motorfiets bedryf koop sonder om dit te sien en sonder dat iemand dit promofeer.

Indien jy die behoefte het om in die mark te kom, maak vir jou self 'n stel, dan vir goeie kenisse en doen dan bemarking. Indien jy nie geld daaruit wil maak nie, vat jou fiets, ry see toe en gaan eet roomys. Dit kos omtrent dieselfde maar jy het baie minder "pyne" en baie meer plesier.

Moenie dat iets jou stop as jy 'n plan het nie, ALLE verskaffers het begin by EEN.

Offline SchalkL

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2014, 11:29:35 pm »
Stuart, niks persoonlik nie maar kom oor dit of jy word nog geban ook. Ek het hierdie fight al meer as een keer probeer met die mods, jy sal nie wen nie!!
Die WD se leuse behoort te wees FIFO

Dit gese, ek geniet my vriendekring in die WD's terdee en is maar bereid om te buig sodat ek deel kan wees van 'n moerse nice klomp mense.
Wanneer dit saak maak sal baie van die manne agteroor buig (nie vooroor nie ) om jou te help.
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

Offline Laban

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • "Ride my own Ride"
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 06:08:38 am »
Guys you might not be aware of it, but the forum is overrun with business sneaking in without wanting to pay the very nominal vendors fees. It is simply unfair toward paying vendors and we have a constant cat & mouse situation

It is standard practice to invite people to become vendors to sell their products and services on the forum

It is those fees that keep this great forum riunning

If the mod made an honest mistake in this case, send a message and inform him. No need to be explicitly pissed off. Too early in the year for that  ;)

Shrug it off and continue with life. The problem has been sorted, hasn't it?

.....Jy't 'n maand of twee gemis.........hierdie jaar is moertoe......... 8)
..."sometimes the people around you won't understand your journey, they don't need to, it's not for them"...Joubert Botha

...tie my own bootlaces…

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 06:30:00 am »
And the weird thing is that the info StuartC was getting back on his question is just as helpful for all the vendors. So he basically did market research for every vendor on here that sells panniers. Seriously a knee jerk reaction.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2014, 07:12:47 am »
 :bueller:
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2014, 07:45:08 am »
I agree, its was a bit heavy handed. Think all our mods are bit fed up with continual chancers who are to stingy to pay R80 odd per month (R1000 pa) to advertise and help us grow the forum. They will rather keep pushing the boundaries on the forum and our facebook page, making the mods job intolerable.

In this case we were wrong. Its my fault, Staurt and others I apologize and will move the thread back. Feel free to test the market for a D/S product. Hopefully it will lead to you becoming a longterm vendor. This forum owes a lot to long standing vendors who continuously support us.  We thank you all :thumleft:

Again, my fault and I apologize.