Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Seriously pissed off !  (Read 4003 times)

Online Lord Knormoer

• Knight Kevlar: Order of the Alu Pannier
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Wassie ekkie!
Re: Seriously pissed off !
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 07:46:00 am »
I am no moderator or administrator but have to side with them in this case.

The paid vendors are allowed the small privilege of advertising selling and even researching their products on the forum for a nominal fee. That fee ensures that we all have access to a great forum for free! If everyone is now allowed to get similar benefits without registering or paying, the paid vendors may withdraw their support and we all loose out. It's really that simple. In my opinion the rules are clear and not open to interpretation.

But as I said, I am neither a moderator or administrator so it's just my opinion.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 07:48:48 am »
I agree, its was a bit heavy handed. Think all our mods are bit fed up with continual chancers who are to stingy to pay R80 odd per month (R1000 pa) to advertise and help us grow the forum. They will rather keep pushing the boundaries on the forum and our facebook page, making the mods job intolerable.

In this case we were wrong. Its my fault, Staurt and others I apologize and will move the thread back. Feel free to test the market for a D/S product. Hopefully it will lead to you becoming a longterm vendor. This forum owes a lot to long standing vendors who continuously support us.  We thank you all :thumleft:

Again, my fault and I apologize.

:eek7: :eek7:.......and where is your apology to me for banning me from the R+P section?? Huh? Huh? :peepwall:

Online mox

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 08:04:54 am »
Dear forum,

I am thinking of studying whether herrings communicate by passing gas, do you think this could be profitable?
(if it is I promise to pay the forum its royalties)

:pot:
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 08:29:35 am »
I agree, its was a bit heavy handed. Think all our mods are bit fed up with continual chancers who are to stingy to pay R80 odd per month (R1000 pa) to advertise and help us grow the forum. They will rather keep pushing the boundaries on the forum and our facebook page, making the mods job intolerable.

In this case we were wrong. Its my fault, Staurt and others I apologize and will move the thread back. Feel free to test the market for a D/S product. Hopefully it will lead to you becoming a longterm vendor. This forum owes a lot to long standing vendors who continuously support us.  We thank you all :thumleft:

:eek7: :eek7:.......and where is your apology to me for banning me from the R+P section?? Huh? Huh? :peepwall:

That was not heavy handed, and it wasn't a mistake...  :deal:  :ricky:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Grey hound
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2014, 08:35:39 am »
Does this mean I am not getting my panniers anymore??  :pot:
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2014, 08:50:19 am »

:thumleft:
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Online OomD

• Race Dog
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2014, 09:01:08 am »
I am no moderator or administrator but have to side with them in this case.

The paid vendors are allowed the small privilege of advertising selling and even researching their products on the forum for a nominal fee. That fee ensures that we all have access to a great forum for free! If everyone is now allowed to get similar benefits without registering or paying, the paid vendors may withdraw their support and we all loose out. It's really that simple. In my opinion the rules are clear and not open to interpretation.

But as I said, I am neither a moderator or administrator so it's just my opinion.
I'd agree with you, IF Stuart had actually advertised a product like other vendors pay to do. In this case he did not, he asked forum members for their opinion.

Online Lord Knormoer

• Race Dog
  • Wassie ekkie!
Seriously pissed off !
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 09:04:12 am »
By doing the research the manufacturing of one off products was implicitly advertised.

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 09:04:34 am »

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2014, 09:17:14 am »
StuartC I'm sure some of the vendors complained because they feel threatened by your post as they know they are overcharges us. Crash bars @ R1800 where material & labour will cost under R300; as per a friend of mine who made his own. Think also because you said you're sure you can make many products for cheaper the vendors/shop owners complained & that's why your post was deleted. Pay the fenders fee & start manufacturing you will get orders!!

No way material and labour will cost under R300 - unless on an industrial scale.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Online OomD

• Race Dog
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 09:23:02 am »
By doing the research the manufacturing of one off products was implicitly advertised.
Nope.
The research could have led (as I believe it did) to a decision not to continue with the venture. No products available thus, no products for sale.

I understand your viewpoint, I just don't agree with it.  :thumleft:

Offline nemodakar

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2014, 09:39:10 am »

It takes a man to do this.  :thumleft:

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2014, 09:44:14 am »
This has been debated in many related posts, but will repeat it for the record: :laughing4:

Off course everybody can make anything in his garage for a tenth of the price in the shop.  Now go and do it for a living and the picture changes dramatically.  You now have to add advertising costs, employ you mother in law to do your admin and accounts, add the retail profit for Hentie that stocks that component on a shelf in his shop, add VAT, hire a bigger workshop cause you will not pay off your bond by making just four a month, etc. and suddenly your component now costs the same as the one in the shop. :o

I consider myself a pessimist. I am therefore always right...eventually.

Offline StuartC

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 10:11:15 am »
Kilroy, apology accepted bud, just to clarify it was just a fishing expedition, if I do go forward I will sure as hell pay the money to the forum, there was seriously no devious angle from my part and understand that the mod's have to deal with people trying to pull a fast one, as I said on the very first thread of the fishing expedition thread all proceeds would have been sneaked past the "Government" to go towards getting a 1200 GS as my Government(wife) thinks there are more important issues, as for panniers it looks like thats a non starter, maybe I will look at good custom bash plates or something along those lines.
Life is too short to ride a Honda

Offline StuartC

• Race Dog
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 10:13:34 am »
Really?

Online Lord Knormoer

• Race Dog
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 10:13:58 am »
Nope.
The research could have led (as I believe it did) to a decision not to continue with the venture. No products available thus, no products for sale.

I understand your viewpoint, I just don't agree with it.  :thumleft:

If I now send Stuart a PM to ask him to make me a one off box/frame for my bike, where did I obtain the knowledge that he has such ability? It would be from the thread and as such it was advertising of his services albeit implicitly.

However, the real mods decided to reverse the decision so my opinion is not relevant :thumleft:

Offline StuartC

• Race Dog
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 10:26:43 am »
Lod Knormoer, that would boil down to ethics and I'm pretty sure that it would soon come to light that a member is making products and selling things at a low price, I'm in the fire place and Braai manufacturing game and have never once tried to promote my products on here even when people have enquired about said product's in the "wanted" threads, when riders enquire about rider training I have never suggested that they contact my son who is one of the top riders in the country and when some folk have an unsatisfied wife I have never offered my services,, do you maybe see a pattern here?

Offline halfjob

• Race Dog
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 10:33:22 am »
Lod Knormoer, that would boil down to ethics and I'm pretty sure that it would soon come to light that a member is making products and selling things at a low price, I'm in the fire place and Braai manufacturing game and have never once tried to promote my products on here even when people have enquired about said product's in the "wanted" threads, when riders enquire about rider training I have never suggested that they contact my son who is one of the top riders in the country and when some folk have an unsatisfied wife I have never offered my services,, do you maybe see a pattern here?

100% Stuart people analyse too much  :-\
i only work to support my hobbies!!

Offline Jakes1

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 10:34:06 am »

:thumleft: :imaposer: Well said....

Offline Gingerball

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2014, 10:34:10 am »
Stuart, niks persoonlik nie maar kom oor dit of jy word nog geban ook. Ek het hierdie fight al meer as een keer probeer met die mods, jy sal nie wen nie!!
Die WD se leuse behoort te wees FIFO

Dit gese, ek geniet my vriendekring in die WD's terdee en is maar bereid om te buig sodat ek deel kan wees van 'n moerse nice klomp mense.
Wanneer dit saak maak sal baie van die manne agteroor buig (nie vooroor nie ) om jou te help.

Ag dankie Skala  :thumleft:

Ek het nie geweet jy ken my nie 
Time for an Adventure