Yami and BergHaan on their Tax tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yami 900

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Ok, so here is a but of a ride report of a different kind.
We did it in cages as ;)

Both myself and BergHaan work abroad, so each year we have to do a tax tour. (63 days consecutive out of SA) We work 6 and 6, so we need to do an extra 3 weeks. Where we decide to do a 3 week holiday trip.

Worth-It (my wife) drove up to PTA to meet BergHaans wife, where they met up with us in Gabs at about 9am in the morning.
From Gabs we drove up towards the A2 and parallel to the Central Kalahari. There is a 2 spoor off-road that goes towards the Fence and then runs parallel with the fence north.
We camped next to the fence that night. It was quite cold that evening, thought that we might have chosen the wrong time of year as all the other trips we have done over the Jun/Jul school holidays. This year we where not so lucky as our schedule did not match the school holidays and meant we had to do it a month later and the temperature seemed much colder. The next morning the temp was 3deg :eek:
Made a quick cuppa moer coffe and packed up and headed north along the 2spoor.
We were lucky to see a leopard crossing the road, did not have time for the camera.
The rest of the trip was exciting and adventures with a lot of thick sad.
We kept going north, until we where at the end of the reserve and headed towards the A3 tar road and Kang. Turned north west towards the Etsa 13 where we turned off to Guma Lagoon.

We spent 5 nights there. Awesome fishing. BergHaan made sure he put the marker high, last trip our family caught the most fish. So this time he made sure, he got us back. He even managed to land a 3.7Kg Tiger.
Guma Lagoon is a must to stay when you head to Botswana.

Attachments

• IMG_3640.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_3718.JPG
    IMG_3718.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_3572.JPG
    IMG_3572.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 323