Trans Anatolia rally, Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KND

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi everyone interested in rally racing.
I was on my way and entered the Rally Dos Sertoes when one on my sponsors pulled out at the last moment. With all my racing equipment stationed in Dubai, we (KTM UAE team), decided to enter the Trans Anatolia. It is an FIM race which starts in Ancara and end approx 3000km close to Ancara again.
End of last week I received a call from my mechanic in Dubai saying that my front fork leg on my KTM450 Rally has a crack, after the Pharaons rally in Egypt. The decision was made that I will bring from SA my 690 rally front forks. Two days ago, I received a call from Tom Bogenhausen that both the fork legs on the 690 has cracked. At that point I thought that it does not look like this rally is going to happen, because my bike need to be shipped from Dubai this coming Sunday the 17th to Istanbul. These parts are not readily available. Luckily, my team mate in Dubai, Mohammad Balooshi (training for Dakar), said that I can use his forks.
This is what amazes me about this sport. It is as good as me asking for two front wheels from a friends car.
Well, never a dull moment even before the race starts. I will keep the forum up to date on the progress and will post some pictures.
Keep it safe.
Kobus Potgieter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 353