My 120/108 day road trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanley from Oz

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Greeting. My road trip will start in Johannesburg and end in Johannesburg and in between should take in Botswana, Victoria Falls, Namibia and a good chunk of South Africa. Why an I doing this trip? I’m doing this trip out of pure indulgence. The thought of just riding through Southern Africa has been on my wish list for a long time. (I’ve given a background to this trip in ‘planning a ride’, under the same heading). Now it’s happening, and I’m on my way.
I’m going to try to make my report for ‘My 120 day road trip’ (now retitled ‘My 108 day road trip’) to be slightly different from the other reports on Botswana, Namibia and South Africa. The reports I have read, have been excellent in either dealing with the written description of accommodation, people they have meet and the photos of their bikes on different roads and besides notable landmarks. I really can’t add anything more to what has already been done. What I would like to try and do, is to give my impressions as a foreigner visiting this part of the world. I’ll still be taking photos,and if there something different regarding the places that I’m stopping at I’ll put that down,  but I’ll try to make the report somehow different. I’ve never done this before so don’t know how it will turn out, but here goes.
I know there is nothing different in the photos below but I thought I would start my report with what my set-up looks like, just to give people an idea of how I’m travelling. I’m writing this in ‘word’ as I’m experiencing lots of internet connection problems so the report might be days between reports as I can only post it when I’ve got an internet connection.
Tried twice to post this, but internet connection very slow so will need to post photos latter. Cheers