Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: SM/TE 610 Flywheel wanted .... :-(  (Read 465 times)

Offline Scrat

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
SM/TE 610 Flywheel wanted .... :-(
« on: August 17, 2014, 09:56:49 am »
Hey all

well it was time to replace the Timing chain in my SM610 and got a really nasty surprise when i took the covers off...  :o :o :o
One of the magnets broke in 2 and came loose - LUCKILY - no damage to the stator   :-\ :-\

BUT now i need to replace it as it cannot be fixed (or rather it is not recommended to try and fix it....)

SO i'm trying my luck here - do any of you have one lying around .. :P or know where i can get one...
i have sourced one in the UK

New replacement for 150 pounds - so it looks like i might have to go for that one  :-[

Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!!

Offline Sprocketbek

Re: SM/TE 610 Flywheel wanted .... :-(
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 10:29:11 am »
Wow.....you are indeed lucky that it didn't cause damage!
Wonder what caused the failure  ???
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline Scrat

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
Re: SM/TE 610 Flywheel wanted .... :-(
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 11:26:38 am »
My brother had an off and the left hand side of motor did get a hit... so only guess is the flywheel got part of that "hit" and one of the magnets cracked - and in all that time it just pulled apart ...

so to make sure i get this baby ready for Amageza i need to get a Flywheel asap....
Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!!