GS1200 Adv on TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Oppad

Another disappointment on DSTV: Saw the trailer about the GS1200 Adv being taken through its paces on La't Wiel (Kyknet) at 21:00 last night and booked a place on the sofa.

Maybe the presenter wasn't a regular ds rider (he mentioned a few times that four wheels may be better than two) but there was preciously little about the bike itself. They showed a few low speed spills in the sand at the Visrivier Canyon and the only real thing he said about the scooter was that it had a large fuel tank. No comparisons to previous GS's or other ds bikes, no other specs, no real ride review.

As for the rest it was just the usual BMW bling (helmets, jackets, upmarket tents etc) and riders going along in an upright position. I personally think the Adv may be a good bike but I really wanted to know more about it. BMW should be happy though, the whole lifestyle issue (if you want to travel on dirt you have to get a BMW with all the goodies) was the only thing that came across.

Anybody else saw it?

PS: I'd like to see a programme called: I'ts a plaasbike (KLR) but cheapskates can have fun too