Time out in Namibia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky58

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Decided I needed time out and to get away from it all , so the desert Namibia seemed to be the place to go . A mate of mine a non dog was keen to go for a week , but I wanted to get away for longer . We decided he would go until he was gat foll , he was quite busy at the time on his farm . Packed my bike and left my farm near grahamstown , an planned to meet in Graff Reinet , he left from Elands rivier .Had lunch in Graff Reinet and headed on to Carnavon on tar had a fairly pleasant ride an got to Carnavon in the cold when that monster cold front hit SA in early July . Found a place to crash at the Carnavon hotel which was under construction . Drank copious amounts of beer and ate unbelievable lamb chops . The next morning head ache and sh1t weather . Onto gravel fighting the wind through Vanwyks vlei past Verneuk pan on to Kenhardt all in shocking wind . I was starting to get home sick and missing my wife . Any way we carried on to Augrabies resort and booked in . We had a great chalet more beer and more meat , and another head ache the next morning .
The next morning we took the gravel road from Kakemas through Lutsputs (never saw a town) onto the Uppington Nakop road hit the tar and cleared the boarder , no problem quite easy heading towards Grunau . But when we got to Karasburg we were getting cold and miserable . We booked into a B and B the Zebra it was OK . Decided on a Quiet night .....Then four hunters arrived from Rustenburg and the party started a rough night was had by all.
1 saying cheers to my dogs
2 stopping at Carnarvon
3 The Hotel
4 Augrabies
5 On route to the boarder

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 1,435