From Street to Amageza thrills – Scrat’s Amageza Bike build..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Hey you all – as you all might have seen I have been getting some support from friends and Fellow WD’s on my fund raising Selfie campaign for this year’s Amageza.
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=152464.0
I apologize for not keeping it up to date But I have been so busy the past few weeks – WORK is crazy busy so time was limited for all the admin  and then busy converting – building and moodlifying my weapon of choice for Amageza 2014…
2laep74.jpg

SO let me tell and show you what I have been up top the past few weeks and what has been acquired with the funds from my selfie campaign… 
I have been taking pictures and making notes on my laptop so I can show it all to you…
BUT they decided to break into my bakkie and steel my laptop bag.. (and that particular day my ext Drive with my backup was in my bag ….  ) so lost most of my pictures…
I have found a few at least – these I will share 
Ok so where to start? Why a SM610 –
After doing the Amageza 3 years in a row (together with my mates Hendrik – aka Nu11, and Rudi , aka Tour ) using my KTM 950 Adventure – I decided that it is time to get something more lightweight and something to accommodate my short legs …. I also love my 950 and feel like I am killing it while doing these crazy stuff…
sor6g4.jpg

With a tight budget I managed to get my hand on the TE510 – WOW what an awesome little machine! But aftermarket parts seems to be a problem (fuel tanks was the biggest issue)
I then got the SM610 as well and sold my 510 to my mate.
610 having bigger motor and not a lot heavier with access to lots of aftermarket part… yeah bring it!
Testing the bike …
ioi35t.jpg

5aev5k.jpg

It already had a 21” and 17” off road tire conversion so soon after I got it the shocks went in to MP Custom valve for a full makeover and configured for enduro. – Sorry no pics…
Next I decided to gut the stock exhaust – did some research on the web and spoke to Reynard at Scorch and got some good advice and tacked it… here some pics I could find …
The stock is just am aluminum slip on over the Cat – so after cutting the one end , then “moer -ing the inside out with some force I managed to get it all out.
mjvbqa.jpg

10r8uvd.jpg

nozuc0.jpg

xn5idh.jpg

I got all the inside and extra’s I would need from Reynard @ Scorch and started the process.
ndr2vb.jpg

1zc1eol.jpg

And only after taking it for a ride I decided to do some more mods – as the end cap was kept standard.. and it still felt a bit restricted …  15cm shorter and the end tip now nice and open 
312aj5d.jpg

2j5hnnk.jpg

28vrfq0.jpg

Next was my 1st accessory (thanks to my support from the Selfie campaign)
An IMS 5Gal tank from Just Gas Tanks – whoohoooo..
2yw9vnt.jpg

29244sn.jpg

Before….
r9gb2q.jpg

2qkttmr.jpg

With and easy install guide and no issue – all on…
2dgw7kk.jpg

iclfh5.jpg

And off to go test it 
33vypo1.jpg

2mdibu9.jpg

No real difference… I think because I have always been used the 950 in the sand and this kind of terrain the Husky feels like a mountain bike ..

Net to arrive was the Voyager – as the standard digital display was broken I had to get it replaced and as recommended by Alex for Amageza – one was soon on the way.
33m0acm.jpg

ji10sg.jpg

And so installation started… I used the same location as the stock dails – some small mods had to be made – but that was it..
2r3b9ef.jpg

2iafn89.jpg

And off top test everything again 
a2ufif.jpg

Next I decided to replace the 17” rear with a 18” as I was limited with the tire choices and seeing that the TE610 come out standard with a 21/18 setup … best to do the same here.
Nice new Excel rim…
2usvpdu.jpg

To save some money and get some hands on I started installing the rim – asked my good friend google and youtube –
33cnofr.jpg

mjs7qs.jpg

And then delivered it to Grant to true it – he also convinced me to rather go for new stranger spokes and never look back again…
I am glad I did….
23lz7z5.jpg

Next up I wanted to do the Cam chain replacement – no luck in getting the chain from Primrose and after chatting to Blazed he recommended to get DID chain agents and find / source it through  them.
In the end I was helped by the Friendly staff at Craigs in Maitland – the quickly assisted me and supplied me with the proper chain form my 610…
NOW – when I was taking of the flywheel cover I found a nasty surprise …
2l9gmc3.jpg

2upztb8.jpg

3499mz8.jpg

Now this was something the friendly staff at Craigs could not assist me with….
Nor anyone else – only option is to order one from the UK if I still want to do the Amageza… so all my savings going to paypal …
SO I will be placing my order tomorrow and as luck would have it my friend is currently in the UK… and returning in the next 2 weeks!!!  So bike will rest for the next few weeks
So on Sunday I decided to quickly do a tail tidy – looks more streamline now… 
2ugh0s4.jpg

Ended the day with a cold beer and…..
alozgi.jpg

So I will now be starting the rest of the cosmetics and roadbook holder… and so on – I will post more pics as soon as I have finished the next steps